pull offs

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I think it's exercise 22-25 you have to hammer on down the neck and pull off comimg up. I'm alright on the eighth notes and triplets are decent but 16ths I feel like I'm pulling the strings on the pull offs with both fingers instead of getting index finger on next string for the pull off.  Am I rushing it  or doing something I shouldn't. Any advice or will it come.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I think Griff suggested using a metronome with this?  And just starting at slower speeds.  Figure out the speed that you can do the pull-offs for 1/16th notes.  Then you will have not problem with the 1/8th notes and focus on counting the triplets properly.  For me it's always counting the triplets properly.  Once you can get proficient with the 1/16th notes at this slower speed ramp it up as Griff suggests.  I think he was suggesting going up a bunch not just 5 or 10 BPM.  It sounds like you might be getting a little jumpy trying to get to the next note before you are ready.  Slow things up, work on technique.  It's all good, it will come. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Not long ago I decided to work triplets and 1/16th notes within the same piece of music from measure to measure.  It's difficult but I have noticed that triplets show up anywhere in Blues.  So we can play along in 1/8 notes and then hit 3 triplets (one might even be a rest) and then go right back to 1/8th notes and possibly 1/16th notes not long after.  Griff can count all of these changes correctly.  I cannot.  So I've decided to practice this weak point.  "I just need to remember to do it"........