Studio One Presonus Studio One AR8 Driver?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I started having trouble getting my PC to recognize all the channels on my AR8.
I looked at the Audio I/O setup and It looks like it's somehow become set up for a 2 channel interface instead of my AR8.
What could have caused this and how can I fix it?

2020-10-05_09-32-34.png

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
From the screen where you snapped this...
At the bottom, click the Options button.
You should see this screen. Click on the drop down next to Audio Device and it will show you every device that your computer sees. Your AR8 should be one of them. Select it and then click Apply and OK at the bottom.
AudioDevices.jpg
The other items you see on my screen page all have drivers installed, but not all are currently connected to my PC. You should see the AR8 even if it isn't powered up.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks Lloyd! I don't know how, but I must have hit that button and selected ASIO while sleep walking or something.

Elwood

Blues
This is a good thing to remember. (y) This morning I had no playback audio from S1, everything else in my system was working normally. I finally checked this config screen and saw that I also had reverted to the default ASIO driver. I have no idea how that happened but it was an easy fix once I found it.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Hey @MikeS.
I was doing some housekeeping and ran across this old thread. It jogged my memory to another problem you were talking about after this (but I haven't found the thread) where you said Studio One wasn't seeing all the channels on your AR8 mixer. You sort of fixed it with a new USB cable, but as I recall, you said you still didn't see all of the channels on your AR8.

Are you still using the ASIO4ALL driver to interface your mixer to Studio One? If so, that's probably why you're not seeing all the channels. If so, head over to the Presonus website and download the latest copy of Universal Control, which will include the official Presonus drivers for your AR8. That should solve the mystery of the missing channels. Then when you open Studio One, you should be able to change directly to the AR8.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Yep, It may have not been in this thread, but I remember that you mentioned Universal Control and that resolved my problems (Well, at least my Studio One problems. My personality still needs work).

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Just got studio one 6............the one thing I haven't figured out, when I close it doesn't store my imput settings. Since mine is hard wired in the back.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
For Windows users: You get everything set up and operational for recording. Windows is updated, and things do not work as expected. Oh well, that is normal! Thanks Lloyd, and Doug, for pointing us in the right direction!

Tom

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
For Windows users: You get everything set up and operational for recording. Windows is updated, and things do not work as expected. Oh well, that is normal! Thanks Lloyd, and Doug, for pointing us in the right direction!

Tom
Actually that hasn't been my experience at all. I haven't significantly changed my system setup in close to 4 years, through Windows 10 and now Windows 11 and Studio One versions 4, 5 and now 6.
I think the biggest problem I had was getting my Start button left aligned on the taskbar after I upgraded to Windows 11.