Studio One Presonus Studio Live v6 Prime version now available!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
For any of you where have been waiting for a downloadable copy of Presonus Studio One Primer, version 6. Presonus just announced the availability of the first maintenance release, (6.0.1) which includes the FREE version of Studio One Prime.

As with previous versions of Studio One, you will need to use your existing Presonus account or create one from scratch. There is no charge for the account and it is used primarily to provide you with maintenance (bug fix) updates over the life of the product.

As of this writing, the website has not been updated to provide the Studio One Prime download, but it should be implemented within the next 24 hours.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks Lloyd,
Just what I need more updates.o_O
I'm on 5 for now, no prime, I'll probably be left in the dust soon:oops:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Thanks Lloyd,
Just what I need more updates.o_O
I'm on 5 for now, no prime, I'll probably be left in the dust soon:oops:
I have v6. If you have v5, I don't see a compelling reason to update to v6.
Presonus usually has a Black Friday deal on the upgrade, so patience is not only a virtue, but it will usually save you about 30% on the upgrade, should you choose.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
@PapaRaptor Is Studio One 6 Artist equivalent or more than Prime?
It's a step up, between Prime and Professional. Here's a comparison, from s1 5, but pretty much still the same for s1 6.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
It's a step up, between Prime and Professional. Here's a comparison, from s1 5, but pretty much still the same for s1 6.
Thanks for the info.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Artist 5 had several key features that were lacking in Artist 4. For me these made it worth the ~$50 upcharge to update to the new version (mp3 import and export, additional instrument and effects plugins, remote app, a few other things). I'm not seeing anything quite so compelling in Artist 6 compared to version 5, though.

Any thoughts and comments on this would be welcome...

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
The link to the free version is now live, although it differs slightly from previous versions. It installs a demo copy of Studio One Pro. After 30 days it will revert to Prime.

If you're not sure if the upgrade is worth the dinars, you can install this along side an older version of Studio One and they will continue to operate independently. One word of caution, you can load any song from an older version of Studio One, with little or no issues, but if you do, you should immediately save it as a new version with a different song name. The new version song files are NOT compatible with older versions of Studio One.

That said, here is the link from Presonus.
https://my.presonus.com/studioonedemo

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Artist 5 had several key features that were lacking in Artist 4. For me these made it worth the ~$50 upcharge to update to the new version (mp3 import and export, additional instrument and effects plugins, remote app, a few other things). I'm not seeing anything quite so compelling in Artist 6 compared to version 5, though.

Good to hear. I'm still learning how to use Artist 5, so an upgrade of any kind isn't going to help. :rolleyes:

Reactions: dvs

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
De
Can you recommend a good tutorial?
Depending on where you are on the learning curve, Johnny Geib's Studio One 5 Beginner training series is very good. He rambles, but his style is straightforward and easily understandable.

Joe Gilder works for Presonus and also offers a separate stand alone course outside of Presonus. His Studio One Tutoriala start on some older versions of Studio One, and work towards Version 6. There isn't much that is taught in older versions that isn't still applicable in later versions.

Those two should get you to a good start. Presonus also offers individual feature tutorials regularly if you subscribe to their Youtube channel.

I know of two or three other people who have turned out some pretty decent tutorials about Studio One.
Jonny Lipsham is based in Scotland and also a Presonus support tech (as well as an incredibly well educated musician).

Johnny Geib and Jonny Lipsham are friends of mine, I have to give Jonny Lipsham the nod as to having the better tutorials, but I have taken advantage of tutorials by all three of the people listed above. There is also a wealth of information in the Presonus Knowledge Base. You'll have access to that with Prime or any upgrade version of Studio One.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
I can attest to what @PapaRaptor has sugested as tutorials. Also, the quality of info presented is very good. Johnny Lipsham has a style of teaching that I enjoy. Johnny Geib has an entertaining persona that makes for a fun watch. Have only watched a short presentation by Joe Gilder. He is good.

Thanks for posting the links to the 3 guys and the Knowledge Base reference. All helpful!