Practice tool - Where can I get to it?

Steve_Sawyer

Blues Newbie
Having made more progress than I could have believed in the last couple of years (thanks to a guy named "Hamlin"), and finally having a dedicated space in which to keep my gear and to play, I'm looking at getting more disciplined in my music study.

I know that Griff launched some kind of online practice tool recently, which I kinda passed by at the time it launched. Thinking that this might deserve a second look now, I can't find a link to it anywhere here or on the public-facing BGU site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

sinful

Blues Newbie
Question : why are there 2 different monthly prices, one states $5 monthly than the next page says $9 monthly, which is it.
Thank you!

Olivia

the lady sings the blues
Only just noticed this thread...

sinful -
to answer your question as best I can
Question : why are there 2 different monthly prices, one states $5 monthly than the next page says $9 monthly, which is it.
Thank you!

I've had the Practice Generator since April last year.
It has always been $5 and it still is.
I've never heard anything about $9 and never got charged $9 so far.
The only two options I know of are monthly at $5
or yearly at $50 so you get two months free.
Also, as far as I know if you do subscribe, you can stop it at any time - there are no penalties money-wise! you could pay your $5 for your first month then decide it's not for you after all and stop it... all it will have cost you is $5... and if a couple of months later, or whenever, you decide to give it a go again, you can join again, the same applies!

There is also the free trial you can get. It gives you about a fortnight with no commitment.
Hope this helps.
Olivia

Last edited:

Scott 2.0

Blues Newbie
I just signed up to give it a try. It was $5/month. I did not see the $9/month version. I am going with Olivia's advice and try it to see if it works for me.

sinful

Blues Newbie
Only just noticed this thread...

sinful -
to answer your question as best I can
Thank you!

I've had the Practice Generator since April last year.
It has always been $5 and it still is.
I've never heard anything about $9 and never got charged $9 so far.
The only two options I know of are monthly at $5
or yearly at $50 so you get two months free.
Also, as far as I know if you do subscribe, you can stop it at any time - there are no penalties money-wise! you could pay your $5 for your first month then decide it's not for you after all and stop it... all it will have cost you is $5... and if a couple of months later, or whenever, you decide to give it a go again, you can join again, the same applies!

There is also the free trial you can get. It gives you about a fortnight with no commitment.
Hope this helps.
Olivia
thank you very much, i must of read it wrong.

sinful

Blues Newbie
it does say at bottom of page this; i agree to pay $9 monthly or $90 yearly something like that, but up on top it reads $5 , i ordered it and was charged $5 , i think its just an era . thx all for your help!

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
@Mike A there's a new version of that tool coming that will integrate with the new member area. In fact, some folks may already be seeing it in the new member area.

It's kind of in Beta test right now, there are still some bugs to work out and some of the "TV" icons don't go to the right place yet, but I'll be incorporating that into a lot more coming up. It's a great way to serve up material for challenges - with a custom course, I can setup a schedule and point you right to the material that you'll need for the challenge.

I'm super excited for the possibilities and I'll keep you posted, but the reason I tell you this is you may not want to sign up for it right now, you may want to wait for version 2 to be finished, which should be within the next 2-3 weeks if all goes well.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
@Mike A there's a new version of that tool coming that will integrate with the new member area. In fact, some folks may already be seeing it in the new member area.

It's kind of in Beta test right now, there are still some bugs to work out and some of the "TV" icons don't go to the right place yet, but I'll be incorporating that into a lot more coming up. It's a great way to serve up material for challenges - with a custom course, I can setup a schedule and point you right to the material that you'll need for the challenge.

I'm super excited for the possibilities and I'll keep you posted, but the reason I tell you this is you may not want to sign up for it right now, you may want to wait for version 2 to be finished, which should be within the next 2-3 weeks if all goes well.

You effing tease, you. :sneaky:

Excited to see what you have on tap, Griff. :Beer:

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER

Thanks Griff
i believe i am on the new version as we speak (?) i Dont know ? but i did sign up for the 14 day trial from the old practice generator page and it linked it to the new members page .i was able to see the difference from the old page to the new.i was able to use the old page to teach me how to use the new , it seems to be working good enough for me at this point.. i have been doing the feb challenge and the new beta BGU page came with it and the button at the top right for the practice generator puts me right into the practice generator with the click of the button ..and if it is the old PG i am happy with it at this point..i signed up for the feb challenge and then BGU live came up a couple of days later ..so now i am scrambling to get myself up to speed for BGU live at lake arrowhead..i am using the practice generator for a set schedule...i am learning a couple of songs from soloing without scales...i need all the help i can get ..i think i am going to have to drop the Feb challenge as i believe BGU live has become my main priority:eek: i think i took on to much ..thanks for the heads up

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
@Griff ok i spoke to soon i see what you mean not all the lessons are linked:oops: ..that's ok i will make it work looking forward to the new versions thanks again:)

ToneSeeker

indecisive player ... I suppose..
I just signed up for all access after watching the all access video where Grif was demonstrating the Practice Planner…. I assumed it was part of the all access package.. all I see is scale generator…. Is this extra above and beyond all access?

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
It doesn't show up under "Cool Stuff" on my iPhone in either Chrome or Safari, but does appear on my PC and Android tablet both running Chrome. :unsure:

Try this link:

Last edited:

ToneSeeker

indecisive player ... I suppose..
So, I cleared out my cache, closed my browser and re-logged in…. Good to go!
Thanks for the assist!