Practice Generator Questions

kdwhite58

She said I could only have 1 guitar
I'm really digging the Practice Generator and I love that Griff and company was thoughtful enough to add Custom Lessons. I love the ability to create custom practice schedules!

I have a couple ideas that might enhance the tool even more, but these are just nice to haves, and not super important, and they may even exists in some form of managing custom schedules, but I haven't figured that out yet. (** so any input or pointers are most welcome).

The best thing about the tool is the tracking of practice.. Without forcing myself to log my practice I tend to get sloppy.

The first is the ability to move things from one day to another day. Lets say that I have 60 minutes of normal practice time, but I know I have a day coming out where wifey is working late and I have extra time to hammer out some things and I want to add/copy from another day.. Also, I might be coming up on a busy evening and only have 30 minutes and need to move stuff from a 30 minute day to a 90 minute day (per se).

The another cool thing would be the ability to "stack" custom practice plans together. let's say each is 30 minutes long, and each is focused on a particular subject/technique.. If I had 90 minutes, I could practice 3 of those, but it would be nice to "put" them on a schedule ahead of time and just run everything from that page instead of having to open another 'schedule'. Especially as the practice schedule list gets long.

Again.. I love this tool.. Griff has obviously put a lot of thought and work into making this a really cool tool .....

KUDOS!!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
You might want to PM Griff directly with your suggestions, just to be sure that he sees them.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Interesting ideas... can you send them to me in a PM so I can ask you more specifics about them?

What usually ends up happening with changes is figuring out how to handle the unintended side effects. If we change the schedule midstream, it often messes up the logging portion so it is usually trickier than it seems at first.

But I had it made to be what you all want... it did what I wanted long ago so I'm happy to try and add any additional features.

Griff

sinful

Blues Newbie
Can anyone plsssss tell me where to fund the practice tool, I purchased it yesterday and still don't see it, thank you.