Practice Amp for a Les Paul

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
@DarinDoty here is a YT Video review of the Spark 40 several of us have recommended. In fact, as I said above, "I am seriously considering it. ", and jst told Santa that is what I want for Christmas! :LOL:

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
So the question now becomes, "Whatever happened to @DarinDoty?". Is he/she now playing, joyfully, through a new practice amp? Or did he/she get detoured by the holiday activities/schedule/expense? Is the reason for no follow up reporting due to the excitement of the awesome tones pouring out of the new practice amp? Certainly a forgivable faux pas.

And, if the above is the case, the unanswered sub-question remains what PRS is playing into that new amp? :unsure:

Stratster

Blues Newbie
I have the older version of the Yamaha, the THR10C. I've been using it for years and it's a great little amp but it's pre-bluetooth, so I am awkwardly tethered by a cable when I want to play backing tracks. The new version has bluetooth and probably has other improvements, as well.

The Spark certainly has a strong following and has great features, however, I'm leaning towards the Mustang GTX (either the 50 or the 100), mainly because it has a great foot-switch with a built-in looper -- a feature that is lacking from both the Yamaha and Spark. And I've only heard good things about its tone and modelling capabilities. The new Yamaha is also very tempting...

Really, I guess you can't go wrong with any of these choices; they're all good amps.

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
Like already mentioned, I have a Spark mini. Great little practice amp, gives a lotta punch for the price and you get to mix different amps and pedals using an app. Good luck !