Posting with a Mac...what’s the correct way?

Caboburt

No Bad Days
Tried to add to the Born in Chicago thread but I think it was a bust. Anyone out there with a Mac that can give a rundown on downloading a thread and then putting it back up? Thanks in advance.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
It wasn't a bust, your recording was great and we all managed to hear it.

To download a link in the format shown below, you can usually (on a PC), "right click" on it and select download. Just "left" clicking on it plays it in an audio player.
I'm not sure how this is done on Apple products, but you're probably familiar with the UI enough to figure that out.

On the way back after recording, if you upload to Dropbox (using the web interface anyway), you can select the uploaded file and click a button labeled Share once the file is in your Dropbox folder.

Dropbox will provide a link that you can copy to your clipboard and paste into your VJR post. Here's an example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqflzhlw0cvt8wz/Trouble - VJR Live.mp3?dl=0

Before saving your post, change the www. to dl.
This allows us to more easily listen to and download it.

If your link does not look like this, show us what you do get and we can take it from there.

Welcome to the VJR!

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Hi Caboburt, good to see you down here.(y) Do you have LogicProX, or are you using Garage Band? If you use LogicPro, then I can give you a rundown of what I do. I'm afraid I've never used Garage Band, so I wouldn't be of much help there.

Caboburt

No Bad Days
Yes...I am using Logic Pro x. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I think I figured it out but I would like to know how you do it. Thanks a bunch

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
1. Right click the latest participants uploaded file and select, 'Download Linked File As...' (I just save it to my desktop)

2. I then open my BGU VJR Template that I saved (3 audio tracks, the 1st of which is empty, and the other two are 'distorted' & 'clean' guitar tracks with preloaded plugins)

3. I then drag the file from the desktop into the empty audio track.

4. I then lay down my 12 or 24 bars, and bounce the result back to my desktop. From there, I drag the file into a VJR folder I have in dropbox, right click on it in dropbox and select 'copy link'. Paste the link into the VJR thread for the piece and change the 'www' to 'dl'. And that should be it.

I usually put a Toontrack EZmix2 preset on the 'Stereo Out' to make sure I don't loose any volume. The one I use is 'Airy Ambience With Limiter' (see screenshot.

NOTE. Make sure when you are bouncing the track that you have set the selectors for the main track, and not your guitar part. The way I do that is I make sure I have selected the track with the backing track on it, (always my top track) and hit Command 'U'. That way the whole track is bounced.

If I can be of further help, don't hesitate to ask.

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 13.47.06.png

Elwood

Blues
Your EZ mix2 sw looks pretty interesting MM! :thumbup: I might have to see if it comes up on sale. I suppose it would work with Artist level also, just have to use it a little different maybe.
Very interestink!!! (like Shultz) :thumbup: