Posting pictures problem...

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Has anyone else had this problem...
I create a post then attach a picture (Upload file button).
the picture doesn't look like it got uploaded until after I "Create Thread"
Then I have to go back in and edit the post so that I can change it from thumbnail to "show full image"
then I have to edit it AGAIN so that the text appears ABOVE to photo.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I've never used that method. Everything I post is a third party link to my own website/file repository.
Having said that, I just tried to duplicate your issue in the Test Zone. I got a notification under the thumbnail when I uploaded with the option for a thumbnail or full image. I selected full image and it dropped in exactly where my cursor had been. I added more text at the end and that behaved as expected.

Have you tried using a different browser to see if it's something in your browser?

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Are you running any kind of pop-up blocker?

For the second part are you sure where the cursor is when you upload the file?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm using Chrome and it has always worked as you describe it Lloyd, then one day it stopped.
I just tried it on Firefox and got the same result.
I'm pretty sure I have the cursor where it needs to be but I'll double check that.

Thanks guys.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Mike, I started using https://postimages.org for photos. It's free, fast, and (so far) allows unlimited number of images and galleries. They have forum plugins too so forums don't have to save images on their local servers but not sure if XenForo works with the plugins, at least its not on the list of forum software.

Eric

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Jalapeno, if your service gives you a direct access URL, you shouldn't need any plugin, just the URL placed between and open and close IMG tag. I keep all my photos, memes, mp3s, etc. on my own hosted service.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Jalapeno, if your service gives you a direct access URL, you shouldn't need any plugin, just the URL placed between and open and close IMG tag. I keep all my photos, memes, mp3s, etc. on my own hosted service.
Correct, the plugin is for the forum software, not for me. It allows the forum to save images at postimage.org when files are uploaded instead of the hosts servers. Then you don't have to link directly to the outside host, the forum software would take care of it. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, other than Mike is a moderator.:Beer:

Eric

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks Jalapeno, but as moderators we really don't administer the Forum software.
We're only here to keep an eye (and jack booted heel) on you guys.
Thanks for the suggestions though.