Possible to slow down Play Along?

PaulE253

Blues Newbie
Having trouble keeping up with Griff with first play along  song "Sitting Easy Blues"  I have in my past lessons with other instructors, been able to slow down the pace of the play along, to be able to learn the song at a slower pace and pick it up pace as I learn the song? I use Apple's iTunes to play back the song. Thanks for the help.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Having trouble keeping up with Griff with first play along  song "Sitting Easy Blues"  I have in my past lessons with other instructors, been able to slow down the pace of the play along, to be able to learn the song at a slower pace and pick it up pace as I learn the song? I use Apple's iTunes to play back the song. Thanks for the help.

Generally Griff provides a slow version and then an up-to-speed version. If the slow version is not slow enough, various media players can slow it down some more.

Windows Media Player can do it- look in options or help

Rick23

Blues Junior
If you use Ipad or Iphone, there is a free app called Ilift that will do the trick. Also for android devices, ASC speed changer app.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I use Riffmaster Pro. Very easy to slow or speed up (one click), making it easy to use for practice.

Rockitguitar

Blues Newbie
If you purchase any Hal leonard Guitar Play-along books, you get free Mac or Windows software called "The amazing slow-downer. To get the pro version you pay a fee. It will slow down your cd examples to any speed. The one I bought is Vol.14 Blues-Rock. The amazing slow downer works great!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]