PopH 72yr "old" New to guitar. From Ohio.

DonaldHetzler

Blues Newbie
I just purchased the beginners blues course. Getting set up and ready to start. Does anyone know if there are any administrative tools to see our progress as we go through the classes. My aging brain needs the assistance.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Don, welcome to the Forum.
I'm guessing that you are looking for something that will keep track of where you are in the course automatically. I'm afraid there isn't anything like that.
The Practice Generator mentioned above can help, but it's a manual process on your end.
I'd suggest that print the manual if you bought the digital version and just use a book mark to keep track of where you are. As far a being able to tell how much you have improved, your best bet (and it's highly recommended) is to record yourself even if it's just on your phone. It's hard to hear incremental improvement, but after a few weeks or months of practicing, it's great to be able to go back and hear what you were doing on week one.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Good afternoon Donald. Nice to see a youngster here! :) All things are relative. ;)

Using a spreadsheet and recording yourself have been offered as suggestions, and they are good ones. :cool:

You can also just create a log book, use a sheet of paper, etc.., and record the lesson, date, comments, and whatever else you find important to you.

Have fun! (y)

Tom

DonaldHetzler

Blues Newbie
Good afternoon Donald. Nice to see a youngster here! :) All things are relative. ;)

Using a spreadsheet and recording yourself have been offered as suggestions, and they are good ones. :cool:

You can also just create a log book, use a sheet of paper, etc.., and record the lesson, date, comments, and whatever else you find important to you.

Have fun! (y)

Tom
Hi Tom. I think that is the track I'm on. Probably do a combination of hand scribing then keeping a spreadsheet. I just mainly need to know where I left off. Since I wrote my post I can see that the videos, that I've watched, pick up where I left off, if haven't left the site. DH.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Likes are cool but don’t really mean a whole lot. We’re just glad you have joined us!!!:)