Pleading the 5th

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
Wow, this one has had me beat for months. I think I posted my last recording sometime before Thanksgiving? I knew the holidays would mess up my practice time but it's taking me forever to get back into it and I'm still struggling. 

I played this on my AF75. The sound isn't great - I'm getting ready to change the pickups on my Jet King and I didn't want to start screwing with amp settings because I just did some "before" recordings. So why didn't I just use the Jet King to record this then? because for the life of me I can not play a B flat barre chord on the fifth string on a 25.5" scale guitar. The AF75 is 24.75" and it makes a difference. I still don't get it right most of the time but with the shorter scale I have a fighting chance anyway!  ;)

Anywhos, here it is. On to the last lesson. Not bad, I got all but one lesson done in the time I wanted to complete the course. I'm coming up on my one year anniversary here and was hoping to have the BBG course done by then. If I can get the last lesson down in a week or two I'll have made it.. but since this one took about 4 months I'm not counting on it!  :)

http://www.teamyikes.com/BBG/PleadingThe5th.mp3

I apologize to those who have trouble with my links to sound files. I have to admit I ran across the same issue myself with someone else's files and have no idea what the fix is.

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Sounds good Craig, it was worth the effort and the next one may not take as long as you think because it is a variation on the barre chords you've been working on.

I confess that these last 2 lessons on 5th string barres drove me nuts!  :) And in the end I was so sick of the tunes I decided that I had got a handle on the barre shapes that would improve with practice and moved on anyway. Although I will revisit them so that eventually I can honestly say I did the whole course properly.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Good job Craig. It's good to set goals like "I want to finish BBG" in 12 months, but it's not good to stress out over it. Remember this is supposed to be fun.

Russ

Blues Newbie
OK, I can hear where you didn't do as well as you wanted to, but I think you should move on because you were able to keep time and it wasn't "terrible". I thought it sounded pretty close. It will improve if you move on and let it sit for a while.

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Nice work! I know these lessons can be frustrating, but I've said before that I think they're harder than the first 4 BGU lessons. You're almost there!!! Great job!  [smiley=beer.gif]

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
Thanks for the comments!

I've started working on the last exercise and it sems much easier to me than this one. Main thing will be to remember where I'm going for the next chord.

And te good news is... I just checked and I signed up here at the END of March, not the beginning like I though. So... that means I have until the 28th of this month to get the last lesson down and be through BBG in one year. I think I can make it! In any case, even if I don't it'll be close enough to call it  "a year".  :D

Now back to practicing for me!