Phew

artyman

Fareham UK
Well we've played at 14 venues since 7th December, finished the last one today. I'm a bit fed up with White Christmas and Silver Bells now! Time to concentrate on putting up some lights tomorrow and get the last of the provisions in. Feeling a little weary now. Nothing booked for the first two weeks of January so time to put my feet up for a spell.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Well we've played at 14 venues since 7th December, finished the last one today. I'm a bit fed up with White Christmas and Silver Bells now! Time to concentrate on putting up some lights tomorrow and get the last of the provisions in. Feeling a little weary now. Nothing booked for the first two weeks of January so time to put my feet up for a spell.

14 gigs in 16 days???!!!! Man, you are a war horse! No way I'd survive that.
You-da-man!!

artyman

Fareham UK
Well we were scheduled to play our last Care Home gig of the year tomorrow, but as I'd been feeling a bit rough I thought I'd do a Covid Test just to be sure, turned up Positive :sick: so had to cancel. Now confined to barracks for 10 days.:eek:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Well we were scheduled to play our last Care Home gig of the year tomorrow, but as I'd been feeling a bit rough I thought I'd do a Covid Test just to be sure, turned up Positive :sick: so had to cancel. Now confined to barracks for 10 days.:eek:

Sorry to hear that! As Al said I hope it's the Omicron variant. I've heard that it isn't much more than a cold or at worst the flu (Still pretty bad).

artyman

Fareham UK
Yeah just ache a bit, headache, runny nose the usual Man Flu stuff so survivable, To hopefully prevent the missus getting it, it's sleeping on the sofa for a few nights and keeping away from her, at least it cuts down on the nagging :LOL:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Yeah just ache a bit, headache, runny nose the usual Man Flu stuff so survivable, To hopefully prevent the missus getting it, it's sleeping on the sofa for a few nights and keeping away from her, at least it cuts down on the nagging :LOL:
Hope you Feel better soon!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Well the missus has just tested positive today so although I can now leave the sofa behind and get back to bed I guess the nagging will resume :(

Dang! Sorry to hear that. Tell her we all hope she gets better quickly.

artyman

Fareham UK
Just had an email from our first gig for the new year, they have a couple of Covid cases so that's cancelled !

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Bummer. So far, I haven't had any gigs cancel because of covid, although one maybe should have.
When I got to my last gig, the manager told me that he was shorthanded because several of his people had Covid. So, who knows how many others there had it?