Pedal for viewing lessons

JayJay

Blues Newbie
Has anyone tried a foot pedal or foot operated switch to stop, rewind or fast forward lessons? It seems like this would be a great tool if you have tour guitar in hand.

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
There's a pedal from Vidami that works with a number of online resources including YouTube and Vimeo, and a number of specific guitar websites like Guitar Zoom and JustinGuitar. You need to use either Chrome or Safari browsers, as the unit integrates with a special browser plug in.

I don't think it works with desktop media players, which is a bummer. I have the best success with downloading Griff's lessons and running them locally off my desktop. Don't know whether Griff's online stuff would work with it either.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I saw the Vidami pedal and thought... it seems pretty useful but... a bit rich for my blood.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I think Griff is using Vimeo's API to play the course videos, so that device might work with them. I don't think I'm going to be the one to find out, though.

JoseEspinosa

Blues Newbie
I have a Vidami. I can confirm it does not work with Griff's lessons. I wish it did as it is very helpful when learning from YouTube,

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I spent many years providing computer support in education; primary, secondary and tertiary. In all those areas there are people with special abilities - generally called disabilities. Many people have difficulties with mouse operations. I've seen a trackball-mouse thingy that can be operated with the foot; it's often used by small children for whom small movements are difficult. Can't remember what it was called, but I'm sure you could find it with some searching. Frankly I've often thought about searching for one for myself for exactly this purpose - hands-free operation of screen-based commands. Two hands on the guitar, one foot running the computer. Then you've still got one foot free to hold the beer :Beer::Beer::Beer:

Last edited:

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I found the gadget that I was talking about above - "Crayola Kids PC Trackball" which has possibly been renamed the "Bigtrack".

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Then you've still got one foot free to hold the beer :Beer::Beer::Beer:
Even if you don't have a free foot, a beer is a priority!
BeerHat.jpg