Orange County Jam

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Just like the forum, I am in the middle of a computer change over, so only had time to get a few videos rolling................thanks @Elio for all the organizational work, never a really fun thing to do. And thank you all for making my buddy Rich feel welcome, he is excited to join us again.

Now, for the record (meaning excuses), the drum seat thingy did not move up and down, so I could not get seated correct, and the toms thingys were straight up and down, unlike my electric set where they are at a 40 degree angle or so. And the hi hat stuff had a bar going up the center of it.

Add that to having no clue...................it's my story and I am sticking to it

Elio

Student Of The Blues
No need to excuse yourself, Mark -- you provide much-needed drumming and you sounded great! Thanks for stepping up to the throne when I'm sure you would rather have been playing your new Les Paul!!!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Nice solid job on drums Mark. Are you working on independence of the bass drum, adding beats additional to to 1 and 3?

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
more like just tryong to keep standard beats, but it is much harder on acoustic drums

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
why is it much harder? I really want to know why you think that.
I can angle my toms to a position that suits me better, plus the electronic (beginner to mid level) are much more forgiving on the dynamics when playing. Good drummers , or even a guitar player knows how to utilize dynamics to get emotion out of the sound, plus add the size of everything........its very very different.

Having owned both, I am going to stick with the elctronic drums. I would agree with some who say playing electronic is taking the easy way out, but then again, i have zero desire to be a drummer

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Followup to my previous comment. If you keep the hands going on snare anehigh hat, you can try things with the right foot like

1 2 3 & 4
1 2 & 3 4