Open Jam

arock

Help! I'm a rock
My band usually practices/rehearses on Tuesday nights. but this week we decided to take a break and show up at an open jam with our wives for a night out; we never all get together outside gigs. Guess you could say we are strictly band mates. Fortunately, the wives all get along, but everyone has their own lives. So, we brought instruments in case we wanted to put our names on the list, which we did. The list was long, and we really didn't think we would play, nor did we really care. Well, list got shorter as we got drunker, haha. When we realized we would most likely get called we made a quick decision on what 3 songs to play. Mind you, this is not a blues jam. It is mostly a classic rock type thing, but anyone is welcome. So, we played Messin' With The Kid, Walk In My Shadow, and Thrill Is Gone. Really strange playing through somebody elses amps and pedals. Here are a couple videos which our singer's wife took with her phone. Please don't be too critical....we were pretty buzzed! Man, I played box 2 for all it was worth during the first 24 bar solo on Messin, lmao! All in all we had fun, which was the point.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4cgrhxsfrrkb2j/Bad Decisions-Messin With The Kid.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qqwbiznwdlv36n/Bad Decisions Walk In My Shadow.mp4?dl=0

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
And why don't you?

Steve
At this point in my life I really don't have time to be with a band twice a week to practice. Always going to kids things. Which is fine. I don't want to be the dad that my kids say didn't show up or want around for their competitions.i never saw my parents at any of my after school things when I was little.

Last edited:

sloslunas

NM Blues
At this point in my life I really don't have time to be with a band twice a week to practice. Always going to kids things. Which is fine. I don't want to be the dad that my kids say didn't show up or want around for their competitions.i never saw my parents at any of my sid I sid when I was little.
Great to see that you have your priorities straight. Kudos brother...

Steve