On the subject of counting

DavidLylis

Aspiring Bluesman
I came across something this morning that I thought I would share. There is a website called chordify.net and you enter a song into the search bar and what is delivered is a recording of the song with both a linear as well as overview chart of the chords. Both charts have "boxes" that represent a measure and broken up into smaller boxes that represent the beats in the measure with the chord in the appropriate box. Now, this is all pretty simple, but you can print the overview chart and make pencil notations in the measure as to entries for licks, solos, or vocals. In short, you can easily document the counting for practice rather than play a loop over and over.
I am working on "She said, She said" an old Beatles tune from Revolver as covered by Warren Haynes and the chorus has awkward entries (for me) that became crystal clear once I printed and made notes.
You can look at what you get for free but to take advantage of it you must join for a monthly for like $6 or yearly for $41. I thought it was worth it as it would save me $60 in cocktails from the frustration)))