Okay, I'll Bite

Discussion in 'SWS Questions' started by Midnight, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Midnight

Midnight BGU Live 2015 and Vegas Pre-Jam Survivor.

Just got the SWS course to mess with while I struggle with BGU Solo #3, but...

Why does SWS course book cover guitar have seven strings and a bunch of question marks on it?

I have a feeling I might be sorry I asked...

:)

2. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Blues Junior

I'm glad you did Midnight.  I went straight for the first lesson and never really looked at the cover!  Interesting guitar... seven strings and only one control (probably volume) as well a pup toggle switch.  I'd sure like to hear the story on this one.

3. Thatman

Thatman Playin' for the fun of it.

Well I saw the companion guitar in a large store recently, it had the 4 tuning pegs on the bottom of the neck, the salesman said the difference was for people with either short or long fingers.  ;)

4. luckylarry

luckylarry Student Of The Blues

I believe this is the beginner model guitar. Each of the 7 strings is set to the 7 notes in the C scale. It is easier to remember than e,a,d,g.b,e as on a 5 string. You then have the option of playing it on your lap ala Jeff Healy. This is sometimes called the lap piano guitar.

5. Thatman

Thatman Playin' for the fun of it.

Well now you've that Luckylarry I'll go back and pick that one I found, but hey, If the twisty things are the other way around I presume the tuning goes the other way. Ah well all my playing sounds like screaming cats.  :(

6. luckylarry

luckylarry Student Of The Blues

Screaming Cats...COOL... even Hendrix couldn't get that sound. Let me but you a pint. [smiley=beer.gif]