October 2022 Challenge - No Consensus Necessary!

Jack

Blues Junior
Hello, I tried to write something spooky and used m7, augmented, and 7flat9 chords for that.

The result is not as spooky as a I wished.

Anyway this is my track : Augmented7flat9
I loved that! Your lead playing took the melody and expanded on it like a totally professional composition. Great playing and your guitar sound was perfect for that "spooky" sound. Great job!

wilkoryte

Blues Newbie
I loved that! Your lead playing took the melody and expanded on it like a totally professional composition. Great playing and your guitar sound was perfect for that "spooky" sound. Great job!
Thank you for the kind words.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
This isn't so much spooky as it is ghoulish once you think about it.

It's about an overly zealous organ donor and an ex-lover willing to take the body parts. Yikes!!!

The lead patch is called "Satch" which is apropos considering who I first ever heard sing this song.

I'm just singing straight into the internal mic on my MacBook so no need to comment on the quality.

This has been a worm in my ear since last Tuesday and I needed to get it OUT!!!

Last edited:

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Nice Paleo...catchy melody with your vocal seemingly devoid of emotion was a bit creepy. Somehow took me back
to some old horror movies of times past. Well played.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member

It's about an overly zealous organ donor and an ex-lover willing to take the body parts. Yikes!!!

The lead patch is called "Satch" which is apropos considering who I first ever heard sing this song.

I'm just singing straight into the internal mic on my MacBook so no need to comment on the quality.

Definitely creepy if you think of it in a certain way.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Hello, I tried to write something spooky and used m7, augmented, and 7flat9 chords for that.

The result is not as spooky as a I wished.

Anyway this is my track : Augmented7flat9
It may not be very spooky, but it sure is a great mix and mysterious, maybe? Great drum sounds and well balanced. Last but not least, I dug the guitar tone and your playing is excellent, very clear and precise. Good bends and vibrato. Reminds me a bit of old Ronnie Montrose, especially if you slathered it with a bunch more reverb. Kudos!

BraylonJennings

It's all blues

I missed Tuesday's session, and wondered if this was the "all of me" being discussed. Interesting blend of Satch and Satchmo, along with Billie Holliday and Peggy Lee. You're covering a lot of ground here and I really like it. Makes me want to be sure to go back and watch that lesson. :Beer:

wilkoryte

Blues Newbie
It may not be very spooky, but it sure is a great mix and mysterious, maybe? Great drum sounds and well balanced. Last but not least, I dug the guitar tone and your playing is excellent, very clear and precise. Good bends and vibrato. Reminds me a bit of old Ronnie Montrose, especially if you slathered it with a bunch more reverb. Kudos!
Thank you, for info the drums are EZdrummer 2, for guitar I use the software plugin S-Gear by Scuffham Amps, guitar : Kiesel kit

kiesel2.jpg

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Your description of the song conjured up an image of a Hannibal Lecter picnic!!!!! Had a good laugh when it started. Thanks for that Paleo.(y)(y)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
That was great Paleo; I am like Many Moons---your discription of the song had me wondering 'What the heck kind of song is he putting on here?"
Then you broke into "All of me"; it cracked me up. Fun listening for sure. A smile to start my day. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Loved it.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I don't recall ever seeing this.

(But maybe I did when it aired in October of 1976 nearly 50 years ago?)

I didn’t even know the lyrics (or the song really) til after last Tuesday’s AAP session.

But I figured someone else must have come up with the idea before me.

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I am mad at you Paleo---you runined my golf game. I usually am in the mid 80s lo 90s---yesterday 104---grrrrr.
"All of Me"---All of me"--All of me" I could not get that stupid song off of my mind. Over and over and over for 18 holes. GRRRRR.
I HATE THAT SONG --It will HAUNT me the rest of my life when I step up to the Tee Box. :cry::cry::cry:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I am mad at you Paleo---you runined my golf game. I usually am in the mid 80s lo 90s---yesterday 104---grrrrr.
"All of Me"---All of me"--All of me" I could not get that stupid song off of my mind. Over and over and over for 18 holes. GRRRRR.
I HATE THAT SONG --It will HAUNT me the rest of my life when I step up to the Tee Box. :cry::cry::cry:
Hopefully you’re only mad at some of me and not all of me. :eek: