October 2022 Challenge - No Consensus Necessary!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Since we had several good ideas for the month there didn't seem to be much coalescence around a single theme, we'll use them all.

October 2022 Challenge Rules:
  1. Some kind of spooky/ghostly/graveyard related theme?
  2. You should play an acoustic instrument, no electricity allowed, (Climate change). This is to coincide with Griff's release of 5 Easy Acoustic Blues Songs.
  3. Everyone covering the same song.
  4. Covering a song that Griff wrote.
  5. Cover a song recorded or written by an artist named John, Jeff, Joe, James, Jennifer, Janis, Joan, Carole or Helen Reddy.
  6. Cover a song written or recorded by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beeky, Mick and Tich.
  7. Ignore the rules and record something you really want to do.

Points will be awarded for no particular reason at the indiscretion of the judges.
Any attempts to bribe the judges will be gladly accepted and promptly ignored.

For anyone not familiar with the challenges, they are just an excuse to get people to record themselves and post their recordings for the enjoyment and support of other forum members.

The fine print:
In reality, there are no points awarded and no prizes given for contributions to this challenge. The only thing you will receive from this is the satisfaction of knowing you recorded and posted a wonderful recording to the BGU forum. You will also receive the undying gratitude of the members of the BGU forum for sharing your talent and acquired skills with them. Maybe.

Last edited:

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Ok, I hereby present my spooky/ghostly/graveyard song which has been covered by Johnny Cash and Joan Baez, as well as countless others.

I played an actual piano on this one, also guitar, bass, tambourine and shaker.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Ok, I hereby present my spooky/ghostly/graveyard song which has been covered by Johnny Cash and Joan Baez, as well as countless others.

Really well done Doug. Enjoyed that.:)(y)(y)

Reactions: dvs

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!

That was nice Doug. I have always loved that song.

Last edited:
Reactions: dvs

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member