October 2021 Challenge - Chuck Berry cover

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager

Elwood

Blues
Hey, sorry guys, I drifted away.:whistle: Got distracted for a bit and some good fun tracks popped up! :D
@BCB, nice work on both of those! :thumbup::thumbup:(y)(y) Fun to hear them!!! (y) I get the "Cool Breeze" - flattop thing, it even kinda bounces along the same for a bit! :thumbup:
Paleo (aka "the unknown member" :rolleyes:) rendered House of Blues lights in a very nice way, even if I am not supposed to know. :cool:
And @CaptainMoto makin "Memphis" fun to hear one more time, well done!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::Beer::Beer::Beer:

All this, and it is still way early in the month! :D

Elwood

Blues
That's fine Papa!!! :Beer: That whole other singing thing is gone, now you just sing, great!!! :thumbup: All the work is outstanding, I really love the keys!!! (y) They sound right!!! The whole thing just putts right along, you got Cadillac's, and breaks all over the place! Snarly guitar here and there, yeah! Really cool!!! :cool::cool::cool:

FWIW: It is such a natural I got googling "did Otis Spann ever play with Chuck Berry?" and lo and behold - wiki comes up with this... "Spann's work for Chess Records includes the 1954 single "It Must Have Been the Devil" backed with "Five Spot", with B.B. King and Jody Williams on guitars. During his time at Chess he played on a few of Chuck Berry's early records, including the studio version of "You Can't Catch Me"."