Number of download files in the BSCK_SB if you d/l them all?

Stonedroid

Blues Newbie
Hi all, I'm a newbie & my downloads got interrupted. Does anyone know how many total files there are to d/l in the Blues Solo Construction Kit-Slow Blues? It sure would be easier to know the total rather than go through them one by one to see if there's anything missing. Cheers, Bob

PS: Sorry, I should have been more specific: How many pdfs? How many mp3s? How many mp4s?

Last edited:

Stonedroid

Blues Newbie
Thanks, Mike.

You sure saved me a lot of busywork.

My 2 pdfs (I count the blank Slow Blues Blueprint as the 2nd pdf) & mp3s all downloaded okay.

But, dang it. I have 22 mp4s locked in partial download, with no way to jumpstart them as far as I can tell. I guess I'll just leave them unfinished & repeat the process later. Better still, since there's a whole lot to work I can start on without them, I'll just await the arrival of the package deal I purchased & drag them from the DVDs one by one.

Again, I really appreciate the help,
Bob

Stratster

Blues Newbie
Speaking of which....
Am I missing something, or could the download method be improved?

As far as I can see: I need to select a lesson from the column on the right, then scroll down the page and download each individual part of the lesson separately: every example one-by-one. Then, I need to choose another lesson from the column on the right and repeat the whole process. Some courses might have 20 or more lessons, with 4, 5, or more examples per lesson. That means 80 or more separate downloads. Then do this for every course.

Maybe there's something I just failed to see, but I think it would be great if each course had a download page with all downloads. That would greatly improve the efficiency of the process and would eliminate the need for us to count all our downloads and double-check if we really got them all. At the moment, there is a bundle available to download all audio files and I presume this can't be done with video due to the size, but it could be done, at least, for all video files of each lesson.

Or am I missing some obvious, easier method?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Stratster,
I'm pretty sure that's the only way. At least that's how I did it.

Stratster

Blues Newbie
Thank you, Mike, I appreciate the feedback.

If that really is the only way, then it's on the wish-list and let's hope that someday the site designers can tweak the system a bit, to make downloads easier to manage.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Some of the courses have zips for ALL MP3's. Haven't seen any zips for ALL MP4's. They would be much too large to be practical.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Stratster

Blues Newbie
Yes, quite right and, as stated, a single zip bundle with all videos would be too large for many of the courses. However, the individual lessons with all examples, or even multiple lessons (eg. lessons 1 -5; lessons 5-10) could be bundled into a zip. For the smaller courses, all videos could be bundled into a single zip. At the moment, the current process of going lesson by lesson, example by example, is a bit tedious and could probably be made less cumbersome (not to be confused with Cumberbatch) with a few tweaks.

Stonedroid

Blues Newbie
Thanks everyone. There wasn't exactly a how-to manual as to d/l aspect of using the web materials, but eventually it was set up logically enough to figure it out. As stated, the mp3s were a breeze. Until I figured that they were all in the zip file, I also downloaded them one at a time. I hit the d/l button on quite a few of the files & walked away. What gave me trouble was that my computer did an update in the middle of the download. When it restarted itself, the d/ls that were interrupted didn't restart. Good news is that I have enough to work on now that I'll worry as to which ones are missing when the time comes.