Pedals/Effects NPD...

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Perhaps I should say ALMOST NPD since my recently ordered POD GO isn't scheduled to arrive until Saturday!

I am not, until now, a pedal guy so... this is a big step for me. I am excited and looking forward to the adventure.

I'm looking for helpful resources regarding learning how to use and set up pedals... are there any good web sites that might be useful for a newbie pedal guy?

Thanks all!

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Congratulations on your upcoming POD GO! As for your question, there's a lot of good advice here. There's The Gear Page, and of course check for the Line 6 forum that supports your gear.

General rule is: Gain>Modulation>Amp (if there's an effects loop)>Modulation>Delay>Reverb>Amp

But this is very open to interpretation of your ear.
Often times modulation comes before gain
As you can see modulation can come before or after the pre-amp (cuz, that's really just another gain stage).

But people do all sorts of weird stuff, delay before the gain. Modulations last.

That's one of the cool things about your POD GO. You can organize things pretty much however you want to, and if you don't like it. Just delete the patch.

aleclee

Tribe of One
General rule is: Gain>Modulation>Amp (if there's an effects loop)>Modulation>Delay>Reverb>Amp

But this is very open to interpretation of your ear.
Often times modulation comes before gain
As you can see modulation can come before or after the pre-amp (cuz, that's really just another gain stage).
And compression can go anywhere. :)

This video might help you start to get a handle on different effect types: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO43syy-9ao . If you prefer words to video, here's an alternative: https://ledgernote.com/columns/guitar-guru/types-of-guitar-pedals/

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Perhaps I should say ALMOST NPD since my recently ordered POD GO isn't scheduled to arrive until Saturday!

I am not, until now, a pedal guy so... this is a big step for me. I am excited and looking forward to the adventure.

I'm looking for helpful resources regarding learning how to use and set up pedals... are there any good web sites that might be useful for a newbie pedal guy?

Thanks all!
Jeff McErlain has a good course on pedals over at Truefire