CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Guitar sounds great!
Nice job on the vocals.
I like the simple drum beat.

Meaning well paid off.

(y)

I really liked the guitar on that.
Your vocal is well done but.................

In my humble opinion there's a disconnect in the ambiance.
The guitars are beautifully presented in a well picked space.
The vocal space seams like it's coming from a different room.

I'd love to hear it again with some slight adjustments to bring the vocal into the same space as the guitars.

Oh!
Did I say, I love the simple drum beat on that?
I do.(y)

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
In my humble opinion there's a disconnect in the ambiance.
Great observation! As I think of it, I believe I believe I used some " speech" settings on (compression?) on some vocal tracks, trying to make ice cream out of what was available. No cigar. There is also lots of clutzy level changes as I move between two days and three guitars.
I really appreciate some feedback that I can take back to the woodshed (outhouse?) and try to polish up, either for this or in the future.

I also may have been affected too much by the effects. Playing with my new Fishman toy. Lovin every minute!!!

Thanks for the critique :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: and all the flattery Moto! :Beer:

(As a measure of consideration, Moto first sent his observation to me privately. I only mention this to salute his willingness to share his knowledge, and to do so with such feeling for others. Very cool!)

Last edited:

Caboburt

No Bad Days
Wow....so many awesome submissions and so many great sounds. Am especially envious of the finger pickers as I cannot.
Capt M. got to Serve Somebody before I could get it up...been working on it but life kept getting in the way of finishing it sooo...
here is Gotta Serve Somebody again.
The drums are the computer and the rest is me.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/rhl7kqrl5n98q47/CB Serve smbdy.mp3?dl=0

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Wow....so many awesome submissions and so many great sounds. Am especially envious of the finger pickers as I cannot.
Capt M. got to Serve Somebody before I could get it up...been working on it but life kept getting in the way of finishing it sooo...

Nothing wrong with a second serving(y), after all it is Thanksgiving.

Pretty meaty production!
Very cool.
:)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss

You will have the folk purists up in arms CB!!!!! Dylan does Metallica!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Great stuff.(y)(y)

BTW who needs to finger pick when you can play like that!!!:eek:(y)

Elwood

Blues
I'd love to hear it again with some slight adjustments to bring the vocal into the same space as the guitars.
Well Moto, I thought I should at least give this a try since you were kind enough to make a suggestion. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I tried to de-sizzle all the tracks a bit and still leave some highs. re- hoodoo'ed the vocal. Tried to hide some of the cave man level transitions.

Interesting that Moto felt some disconnect in the recording. I did this one way more 'modular" than usual. Since I didn't play and sing there was no mic bleed all over the place (I think this might help the amateur like me sometimes). Using 3 guitars with a fun new interface, across 2 days my levels were unlevel. I thank all this added up to the "jammed in the bucket" feeling. I think that however I am, I am better at just trying to play the song instead of trying to "make" it. Another good lesson...don't always know when they are coming and what they are about, but this is a good one. It does show!

At some point I feel as though no matter how I shine the object, an object it remains. All that aside I am curious if this is any more cohesive sounding? This is all the same parts, just with some "knob twisting".

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/va8jykmenqovlkn/Sara....mp3?dl=0

@dvs you got me googling again. "Sad eyed lady of the lowlands", I never thought I cared that much for poetry in general. Dylan is no Tennyson but, hmmmm. He sure put life to words. Thanks for the heads up!!!

FWIW: I have my best wood going in there, but that extro is my gs mini doing the wandering solo. That little guitar takes back seat to no thing, I mean nothin! What a sweetie!!! :love: This is also my "proof of life" track for the Fishman ToneDEQ. I must like it, I can't stop messing with it!

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well Moto, I thought I should at least give this a try since you were kind enough to make a suggestion. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I tried to de-sizzle all the tracks a bit and still leave some highs. re- hoodoo'ed the vocal. Tried to hide some of the cave man level transitions.

Interesting that Moto felt some disconnect in the recording. I did this one way more 'modular" than usual. Since I didn't play and sing there was no mic bleed all over the place (I think this might help the amateur like me sometimes). Using 3 guitars with a fun new interface, across 2 days my levels were unlevel. I thank all this added up to the "jammed in the bucket" feeling. I think that however I am, I am better at just trying to play the song instead of trying to "make" it. Another good lesson...don't always know when they are coming and what they are about, but this is a good one. It does show!

At some point I feel as though no matter how I shine the object, an object it remains. All that aside I am curious if this is any more cohesive sounding? This is all the same parts, just with some "knob twisting".

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/va8jykmenqovlkn/Sara....mp3?dl=0

@dvs you got me googling again. "Sad eyed lady of the lowlands", I never thought I cared that much for poetry in general. Dylan is no Tennyson but, hmmmm. He sure put life to words. Thanks for the heads up!!!

FWIW: I have my best wood going in there, but that extro is my gs mini doing the wandering solo. That little guitar takes back seat to no thing, I mean nothin! What a sweetie!!! :love: This is also my "proof of life" track for the Fishman ToneDEQ. I must like it, I can't stop messing with it!
Whatever knobs you twisted, you turned them in the right direction......... it sounds great!
Still love the guitars and the simple drum beat.
IMHO, the vocal fits better on this one.

:thumbup::):thumbup: