November 2021 Cover Challenge - Bob Dylan

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Well, here we are in November and the third choice from our poll in September is for a Bob Dylan song.

Rules:
  1. The song you record and submit must have been written or covered by Bob Dylan.
  2. You don't have to use his arrangement. You can cover someone else's cover or do a completely original arrangement.
  3. You must play one (or more) instruments, preferably guitar on the song.

Elwood

Blues
or do a completely original arrangement
In the past we have even had members submit slightly more original arrangements :eek: that the featured artist of the month had not quite gotten around to writing yet :whistle:, but the result was still somewhat relative to the intended subject matter. :D
Dylan wrote or played (on, in, or with) lots, if you keep digging. Tons of fun to be had this month!!! :Beer::Beer::Beer:

A perfect month to release your inner singer. :sleep::sick::D Dylan tunes, listen....you can sing that!!! :):):)

sloslunas

NM Blues
Well, here we are in November and the third choice from our poll in September is for a Bob Dylan song.

Rules:
  1. The song you record and submit must have been written or covered by Bob Dylan.
  2. You don't have to use his arrangement. You can cover someone else's cover or do a completely original arrangement.
  3. You must play one (or more) instruments, preferably guitar on the song.
4. No accordions
5. No banjos

Steve

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
4. No accordions
5. No banjos

Steve
You're not the boss of me!
Stoner.gif

Elwood

Blues
4. No accordions
5. No banjos
Sounds like you are working up a version of "Mama Don't Allow" Steve. ;):D We should be safe anyway, I don't believe Papa plays a banjo all that much. :Beer:
However, the squeeze box could be interesting, "alla loonga da wachatowa"........

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I'm seeing Dale McCoury tomorrow night, plenty of banjoing gonna happen. Love bluegrass. I'll spend part of the winter near Austin, and there'll be plenty of accordion playing going on. Now that Griff's in Texas, you can't disparage squeeze boxes, either. Its amazing what tools musicians can make music with. From the Roots playing classic rock on toy instruments to some old dude with a couple spoons. In the current climate, I could accuse some of us of being guitarists.
Now I'm wondering how to work banjo into a Dylan song, not too tough, just check out some Seeger.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Very good Mike--nice all the way around.
One of my favorite Dylan tunes Paleo---Thanks for jogging my memory, I had not heard it for years and years,