Not sure if this has been on before - In G

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Meanwhile, my American elite tele sits jealously
As do I (sit jealously):sick: A nice Telecaster is my next dream guitar.:love: I have had my American Elite Strat now for a few years and still totally love it, but I do have a strong desire for a good Telecaster as well. Someday.:cry: I had one in the mid 70's, but traded it in for a MusicMan Sabre2 (which I still have) Hindsight is a great thing!!:rolleyes:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Dang! and I keep trying not to hit those jazz notes....thanks!;)

MM, talk about tone (talking about your's bro), the few times I ask about someone's guitar because the sound catches my ear, it is a strat. Never owned one although listening to Robert Cray has gotten me close a few times. I guess I stick with the tele 'cause it fits (especially the thinline) and I haven't found anything I need to do with an electric that I can't at least get close to with a tele. and I can keep track of two knobs, although the thinline is different, it is VERY bright and the tone knob seems to be a very important thing (as opposed to my elite where it usually stays wide full on).

I still have a terrible time with the recording thing, levels suck! tweak this and that goes, aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!! It seems like Moto is trying to teach algebra to an amoeba.:confused: For now I will have to settle with producing an audible result without wrecking the track for everyone else. For some reason it seems easier for me to record from a "blank slate" than to hop in on these and not screw 'em up. Passing time should help....

Meanwhile, my American elite tele sits jealously, and quietly as I get to know my new MIM and enjoy freedom from the dread TELENECK. play with less pain, yes!!!

Moto needs to learn before he teaches....he's trying to learn how to do this:

Getting good tracks is the most important factor in making good mixes.
The best and simplest insight to good mixes I ever got was this:
Think of the final mix as a box with three dimensions and you are trying to place all the parts in it so they can all be visible to anyone looking into the box.
The exercise is, to place all the parts in different places.
The tools you have are, volume for the forward/backward dimension, EQ for up/down and panning for side to side..
Some effects can help accomplish this..........reverb/delay can make things seem further back, compression is essentially volume control so, it move things forward/backward .