Not for me

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Been playing with the practice generator............decided its not for me. Its a cool tool, and I can see the benefit, but for others.

I personally cant even use a Kindle, I need a physical book in my hand, which is probably why I always buy the DVD and manual too. I have used a calander and spreadsheet with an egg timer for too long, I cant make the switch.

I keep an excel sheet with all my guitar courses on it. When I do the lesson once, it gets highlighted in yellow, second time orange, third time purple, 4th green, 5h red.....I figure by time 5 I should have it down pretty well. I dont sit and do it 5 times, I move on and go back to review (for the record, it doesnt mean I go through once and highlight, it means I have practiced enough to kind of have it down).

The egg timer gets set for 15 minutes and a forced ten minute break every time if goes off so I digest what I have been doing and relax my hand

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Been playing with the practice generator............decided its not for me. Its a cool tool, and I can see the benefit, but for others.

I personally cant even use a Kindle, I need a physical book in my hand, which is probably why I always buy the DVD and manual too. I have used a calander and spreadsheet with an egg timer for too long, I cant make the switch.

I keep an excel sheet with all my guitar courses on it. When I do the lesson once, it gets highlighted in yellow, second time orange, third time purple, 4th green, 5h red.....I figure by time 5 I should have it down pretty well. I dont sit and do it 5 times, I move on and go back to review (for the record, it doesnt mean I go through once and highlight, it means I have practiced enough to kind of have it down).

The egg timer gets set for 15 minutes and a forced ten minute break every time if goes off so I digest what I have been doing and relax my hand

I wish I had your discipline!

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Its not discipline, I tend to be air headed, so for life in general I had to set myself up this way, and the color coding reminds me to go back and try things I start to forget

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I hear ya! I’m still “practicing” with the practice generator. It’s got some really good features, but it does take some getting used to. I’ll give it a few more weeks and see if it’s something I’ll use.