Noisy backing tracks

Greg_in_Seattle

Blues Newbie
I 'm looking for very simple backing tracks. Just bass and drums slow blues to jump blues. No keys no horns no rhythm guitar no synth. However all I seem to have found over the years has the extra stuff in it. For some reason when I'm putting together riffs and lick ideas all that extra noise makes it hard to count it out. Just too much going on. I also notice that most of my favorite slow blues songs just have a three piece band. Drums are only playing kick snare, kick snare and the base is only a few well placed thump thumps here and there. Once I have the song down I can play it to those really busy tracks but all that extra stuff just sounds like noise to me.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I 'm looking for very simple backing tracks. Just bass and drums slow blues to jump blues. No keys no horns no rhythm guitar no synth. However all I seem to have found over the years has the extra stuff in it. For some reason when I'm putting together riffs and lick ideas all that extra noise makes it hard to count it out. Just too much going on. I also notice that most of my favorite slow blues songs just have a three piece band. Drums are only playing kick snare, kick snare and the base is only a few well placed thump thumps here and there. Once I have the song down I can play it to those really busy tracks but all that extra stuff just sounds like noise to me.

You might also look into Griff's Ultimate Jam Tracks and Volume 2. With those he provides the tracks both with and without guitar. There are keys in there, but without any other guitars, it does really open it up.
And as Bill mentioned, Youtube has them. I've captured a few.

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
lol no worries,,,you may need a converter to down load them as mp3 or just play along from youtube

Elio

Student Of The Blues

I sometimes use my Digitech Trio for a simple backing track of just drums and bass (or just one or the other). You just play the chord progression into it one time and then select from the many different genres and styles within the genres. You can also tweak the drum and bass mix to your liking.