Night Life

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I like this song, written by Willie Nelson, and several versions that have been made. Personally, one of the deciding factors as to why I did not continue my path of performing throughout the circuit, was “The Night Life”. It was not for me!

Rusty Draper is one performer that I have always enjoyed. He looks like my father, even the same hair color, and my dad played guitar too. Rusty had a program on television in San Francisco, in the early 1950's, “Roman Meal Adventure Time”. He would sing, play guitar, and introduce “Flash Gordon” cereal adventures, staring Larry “Buster” Crabbe.

Willie Nelson and B.B. King, are two of my favorite people! If you want to learn a bit about “making a guitar talk”, watch B. B. King's guitar techniques. Such a master! B. B. said that he did not use pedals. He said that he turned up his amplifier to the maximum volume, and used the guitar volume control for the end result.

Tom

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I remember Rusty Draper, and I lived in southern Indiana, the country music channel on mom and dads radio played him quite often. I think it was the only channel their radio could pick up.