NGD-70th Anniversary Broadcaster

GeeDub

Mojo Seeker
So tell me what is special about a no-caster?

A little Telecaster history that some may not be aware of:

The Fender Esquire with single pickup was the first solid-body guitar sold by Fender, debuting in 1950. Shortly after its introduction, a two-pickup version was built. It was soon renamed the Broadcaster later that year; the single pickup version retained the Esquire name. The Gretsch Company at the time marketed a drum set under the 'Broadkaster' name, and at their request, Fender dropped the Broadcaster name. Leo had "Broadcaster" clipped off the decals and ended up with a bunch of guitars with nothing but the Fender logo. The term Nocaster was later coined by collectors to denote these transitional guitars that appeared without a model name on the headstock. In around September 1951, Fender renamed the guitar to Telecaster and started placing these decals on the headstock.

(Sources for this info: TDPRI.com and wikipedia)

And to answer Capn Denny's question - nothing really, except perhaps for collectors of rare vintage Telecasters.

SHarpo

Blues Newbie
There is something to be said when you get a second change at the one you thought got away.... show no hesitation.... go for it! Enjoy.

VKG5fJO.jpg

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
So after playing it (almost exclusively) the past few weeks, the main difference in playability I find with all my other guitars including my other T-styles, is the neck radius. As mentioned, while it is not the "baseball bat" associated with some '50's models, it is still noticeably thicker than what I'm used to, especially as I go up the neck. What I'm finding is that as I "dig in" or bend a note up there, there is more a feeling of control as you really have something to grip on to.

Not something I would want to shred on (if you're into that), but for playing the blues I'm really starting to like it.