next course

zwantedone

Blues Newbie
What do you think Mr. Hamlin has in store for us next? Perhaps an intermediate solo course? I for one am enjoying the hell out of this "easy" course, and am half way through solo3 at this point. Looking forward to the next release,whatever it may be...Will

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
My guess is that all the solos in BGU would be intermediate. Do you have all of those down? Impressive if your answer is yes.
As for the easy solos, I went to solo 5 after getting the first one down. Couldn't resist the double stop triplets.  :D

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Will, it would be nice to hear your recordings. Hearing the differences between the recordings is a valuable learning experience for all of us.

zwantedone

Blues Newbie
I hear what you're saying Chuck, and I agree. I know how to record with audacity, but that's as far as I have gotten with it. I guess I need to figure out how to get it on the forum. Once my business ends for the season,( I own and operate a swimming pool maintenance and repair service) I hope to get that figured out. I tried once before and failed miserably!....Will

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
I hear what you're saying Chuck, and I agree. I know how to record with audacity, but that's as far as I have gotten with it. [glow=yellow,2,300]I guess I need to figure out how to get it on the forum[/glow]. Once my business ends for the season,( I own and operate a swimming pool maintenance and repair service) I hope to get that figured out. I tried once before and failed miserably!....Will

I'd recommend a Dropbox account. A great many of us used 4Shared for quite a while and have tried a few other cloud services along the way. Dropbox over the last 6 months has proven itself to be easy to use and free of the nagging and intrusive ads 4Shared has become full of. Regardless of what cloud service you choose, getting a recording posted to the forum is rather simple. Export your mixed down track from Audacity as an mp3 file (you'll need what's called a LAME encoder - you can find it through Audacity's website), and upload it to your cloud service. Grab the hyperlink from there and paste it into your post. With Dropbox it's as easy as saving the file to your local Dropbox folder - it will upload itself.
  As for whatever Griff has in the oven for a next course offering; I've no clue, but I'm buying it anyway.  :)

zwantedone

Blues Newbie
Jon, Thanks for the info. When I get to doing as you describe, if I run into a hassle, perhaps I can ask for your advice? Seems straight forward enough, but it always seems to defy me! Perhaps I can find a kid to set it up....

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I hear what you're saying Chuck, and I agree. I know how to record with audacity, but that's as far as I have gotten with it. [glow=yellow,2,300]I guess I need to figure out how to get it on the forum[/glow]. Once my business ends for the season,( I own and operate a swimming pool maintenance and repair service) I hope to get that figured out. I tried once before and failed miserably!....Will

I'd recommend a Dropbox account. A great many of us used 4Shared for quite a while and have tried a few other cloud services along the way. Dropbox over the last 6 months has proven itself to be easy to use and free of the nagging and intrusive ads 4Shared has become full of. Regardless of what cloud service you choose, getting a recording posted to the forum is rather simple. Export your mixed down track from Audacity as an mp3 file (you'll need what's called a LAME encoder - you can find it through Audacity's website), and upload it to your cloud service. Grab the hyperlink from there and paste it into your post. With Dropbox it's as easy as saving the file to your local Dropbox folder - it will upload itself.
  As for whatever Griff has in the oven for a next course offering; I've no clue, but I'm buying it anyway.  :)

Will, we'll help out when you are ready!

Jon3b

Blues Newbie

Will, we'll help out when you are ready!

+1 Anytime!  [smiley=beer.gif]

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Will, it would be nice to hear your recordings. Hearing the differences between the recordings is a valuable learning experience for all of us.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Good advice Jon and Chuck.  I just finished learning the 5 Easy Blues lesson.  I also have never posted a recording and never have used Audacity or Dropbox.  Never thought about it.  That's my next project.