New Year's Resolutions

Gonna try to rewire my brain this year....

1 - Once and for all, master the art of pick control while strumming full chords
2 - Get down the bare basics for 25-50 of the most popular jam songs
(so I can at least strum along at home get togethers and/or jams)
3 - When working on something new, limit initial focus time to two weeks.
(stop wasting countless weeks on end trying to achieve perfection, cause it doesn't happen).
4 - Get involved in the Virtual Jam Room (even tho I hate my one-off solos - all sound the same)
5 - By the end of this year, grow some cajones, and find another live situation to get involved with.

#1-4 should be doable..... #5 is a real stretch... more like an ultimate dream.

Anyone else have new goals for 2019?

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
1) Get back to working on Blues Speed Building Blocks. I also signed up for the January challenge. Learning songs for the band ate up most of my time last year.
2) Seek out little tidbits and embellishments to spice up my playing. Griff's daily emails are great for that.
3) Prepare for NE JAM VI.
4) Get a little more serious about organizing Michigan Jam 2020. It's coming up pretty soon! :whistle::rolleyes:

sloslunas

NM Blues
LOL! :ROFLMAO:
It's probably more like my daddy told me when I was a teenager. "Son I wouldn't take a million dollars for you.....but I wouldn't give a nickle for another one just like you!"
I actually think he would have taken the million. ;)
Love this Ed. I remember my dad telling me one time..."Son, if you are not home by midnight...get your clothes back on and come home". The man was brilliant!

Steve

TerryWall

Blues Newbie
Gonna try to rewire my brain this year....

1 - Once and for all, master the art of pick control while strumming full chords
2 - Get down the bare basics for 25-50 of the most popular jam songs
(so I can at least strum along at home get togethers and/or jams)
3 - When working on something new, limit initial focus time to two weeks.
(stop wasting countless weeks on end trying to achieve perfection, cause it doesn't happen).
4 - Get involved in the Virtual Jam Room (even tho I hate my one-off solos - all sound the same)
5 - By the end of this year, grow some cajones, and find another live situation to get involved with.

#1-4 should be doable..... #5 is a real stretch... more like an ultimate dream.

Anyone else have new goals for 2019?
Hi, I'm Terry. I'm in New Jersey across the river from Philly. I've been a forum member for almost 2 years, but haven't done much with it. What a coincidence--i was just working on goals for 2019. here they are:

1. Learn a new song each week
2. Alternate days between minor 7th and dominant 7th progressions
3. Pick specific solos
4. Practice those specific solos in #/flat keys
5. Meditate on being calm, and starting solo strong
6. At Twisted Tail (it's the jam i go to in Philly), ASK to play SPECIFIC SONGS
7. Continue to seek feedback
8. Video my playing (last time 6/29/18), for my own opinion, and to submit to Griff’s forum (I haven't submitted anything but i will)
9. Regularly visit forum to learn what i can