New to the group

BenjaminMoore218

Blues Newbie
Hi all,

Just joined all access BGU yesterday. Just started playing with guitars last year but spent several years around music as a band geek up through high school many years ago. Got the bug to get back into music so jumping in with both feet. Currently enjoying a Gretsch hollow body, Taylor 324ce, GS mini, and have a PRS Modern Eagle V on order, with a Line 6 Catalyst 60W amp for now.
Figured I wanted to really get into the blues and came across this site and found some reviews so why not give it a go.

Look forward to learning along side everyone else!
Ben

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement. You might also like to take a wander down to the basement and join some of us in the Virtual Jam Room, you have to bring your own beer though :)

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Hey man you have some good taste in guitars want to see some pics of the PRS eagle when you get it.

Griffs courses will work for sure you just need to pick the correct one to get started. Remember also to put in enough time having fun and not stressing/drilling to keep your interest levels up. Lots of good people hanging here very helpful and positive crowd.

If you can make sure you also learn how to count while playing. I spent the first 2 1/2 years back playing guitar trying to fake my way through counting before accepting it would really help. Eventually it does become automatic but takes a long long time.

Welcome jump on in man!

BenjaminMoore218

Blues Newbie
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement. You might also like to take a wander down to the basement and join some of us in the Virtual Jam Room, you have to bring your own beer though :)
Thanks for the invite! Did you say beer? Been awhile since I’ve had a beer in the UK! Have to go back one day!

BenjaminMoore218

Blues Newbie
Hey man you have some good taste in guitars want to see some pics of the PRS eagle when you get it.

Griffs courses will work for sure you just need to pick the correct one to get started. Remember also to put in enough time having fun and not stressing/drilling to keep your interest levels up. Lots of good people hanging here very helpful and positive crowd.

If you can make sure you also learn how to count while playing. I spent the first 2 1/2 years back playing guitar trying to fake my way through counting before accepting it would really help. Eventually it does become automatic but takes a long long time.

Welcome jump on in man!
Thanks for the advice! The counting is almost second nature, I remember a lot of that from band days. Even the swing counts from jazz band so it’s coming back pretty quick. Always good to have those reminders and backups though!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Ben, Welcome to the Forum.
Be sure to check out all areas of the forum, but in particular the All Access Pass (AAP) area.

You will find this month's schedule here: https://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/aap-toc.26488/
and here: https://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/all-access-pass-calendar-march-2023.35329/

RobertYoung186

Blues Student/enthusiast
Glad to have you! Let us know what courses you are taking. Would also be interested in how you like the Line 6 amp.