New software...

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Now you did it! You have me off reading about Vivaldi, hmmmm.....:coffee:
It's a great browser that doesn't track you. Or so they promise. It has a built in note taker, one can stack the tabs, just all sorts of features depending on how much time one wants to spend learning it. I use the built in notes constantly.
Vivaldi Browser.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I ran into a couple of other places where the ultra-light font occasionally shows up:

1) When somebody submits a new post to a thread while you're in the middle of composing a reply to the same thread, a message pops up that says something like "New messages have been posted. View them?" The phrase "View them" (or however it's actually worded) is a link that would refresh the page and the link is in the "invisible" font. (I don't have a screenshot of this because I didn't get one the first time I saw it, and I'm not keen on waiting around until it happens again - I hope this is a clear enough description.)

2) On the main forum page, headings for "Members online":
Screenshot 2022-04-29 121043.png

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I ran into a couple of other places where the ultra-light font occasionally shows up:

1) When somebody submits a new post to a thread while you're in the middle of composing a reply to the same thread, a message pops up that says something like "New messages have been posted. View them?" The phrase "View them" (or however it's actually worded) is a link that would refresh the page and the link is in the "invisible" font. (I don't have a screenshot of this because I didn't get one the first time I saw it, and I'm not keen on waiting around until it happens again - I hope this is a clear enough description.)

2) On the main forum page, headings for "Members online":
View attachment 16378
Thanks Doug. I've added it to the list for Griff's review.

Reactions: dvs

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Maybe it's already been mentioned or I'm just tripping but I don't see a way to get to the portal from the forum.

Clicking "Home" used to take you there.

Now it just brings you back to the front page of the forum.

The same as clicking on "Forums".

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Maybe it's already been mentioned or I'm just tripping but I don't see a way to get to the portal from the forum.

Clicking "Home" used to take you there.

Now it just brings you back to the front page of the forum.

The same as clicking on "Forums".
A few people (me included) didn't think the "Home" button should take you to a "Sales" page, which is what it did after the new software install, so Griff changed it.
I used to click the Blues Guitar Unleashed logo, but that no longer works.
Pretty sure @Griff can easily change that.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
We have Tabs for Home – Forums – What's New – Media – Members

Why not create a new Tab, to allow you to get to the “Sales page”? Call it what you will. I like to see what is available, but also, I appreciate being able to get to “My Courses”, you know, the ability to get to the courses that I own! :cool:

Tom

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
The new "Member Portal" choice to go to the courses section is great!

I have to say I quite liked that the "Home" menu in the new build took us to the forum home, rather than the BGU sales page. Maybe we could have one final tweak up there to swap the Home menu item and the BGU logo header links? So "Home" takes you to forum home, and the BGU logo takes you to the main BGU page? To me that would be a bit more intuitive. (@Griff)

Last edited:

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
This is what I am getting. Some "Forbidden Error". I think it had a number such as 408? The only reason I can respond here is I tried a different browser, using Chrome. I use Vivaldi for all my browsing.
woohoo! I can log in! I don't know what is different but I could log in this morning! Thanks to whoever made whatever changes.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I think there are differing opinions on what “Home” used to be, is now or forever should be.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Came on this morning and new changes in menus and banners and headings are happening right before my eyes. ☺

Notably "Member Portal" added to the top blue banner.

Thanks, @Griff

To me that is "Home" and I can navigate from there without ever seeing what some are calling the "Sales" page.

Which I've actually only seen a couple of times in all the years I've been here since the catalog page has all the same drop down menus.

I like needing only one bookmark for all things BGU.

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Hmm…

I just now noticed that Griff keeps the “Home/Sales” page updated with links to the most recent Blog Posts.

Go figure! :oops: