New old player

MarkPeters

Blues Newbie
Hi all,

I recently bought a course and joined the forum just now.

Background on me: I've been playing acoustic and electric off and on since 1980, mostly classic rock and now trying blues. I was always a Strat player until I bought an Epiphone Les Paul a couple years ago. I learned to love both ... then got a bit of GAS, and now I have a PRS and a Tele as well.

I never been good about practicing ... unless learning songs qualifies. If I got hooked on a song I practiced it until I either learned it fairly well or had to set it aside to await an "Aha!" moment.

My plan is to dig in and do more than that now.

Regards,

Mark

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.

BigBear58

Blues Newbie
Welcome, bud. Your background sounds a bit like mine - the songs I know, I know pretty well. But they're too few, and just picking up the guitar and sounding like The Real Deal on a jam....not so much. That's why I'm here, too.

I recently restored my '76 Ibanez 2350 (MIJ LP copy), also play an Epi ES-339. Never been a strat guy - tried many over the years, but never really gotten the "feel" of them. Same with Teles.

BuddyLewis

Blues Newbie
Welcome! I too hve been a song memorizer with very little understanding of what I'm actually doing. Trying to better understand things now. have fun!

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!