Mike_Karlson

Blues Newbie
Hello All, Mike here from Phila., PA area, happy and honored to be a new member of this group. I am a relative beginner but enjoying playing guitar daily since retiring end of 2021. I have the time and passion and am grateful to have found BGU. Thank you!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hello All, Mike here from Phila., PA area, happy and honored to be a new member of this group. I am a relative beginner but enjoying playing guitar daily since retiring end of 2021. I have the time and passion and am grateful to have found BGU. Thank you!
Welcome Mike. We are ALL learning regardless of how many years we've been playing.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Welcome Mike! :) I like to suggest to people new to guitar, have a goal. Record yourself from time to time.

What are you interested in studying at this time? I have been playing guitar for 70 years, and I am still learning! It is a total blast! Playing a musical instrument allows you to enjoy your own world.

Tom

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Welcome to the fun! :Beer:

My wife and I are both retiring in February and I'm really looking forward to having more time for guitar stuff.

Mike_Karlson

Blues Newbie
Welcome Mike! :) I like to suggest to people new to guitar, have a goal. Record yourself from time to time.

What are you interested in studying at this time? I have been playing guitar for 70 years, and I am still learning! It is a total blast! Playing a musical instrument allows you to enjoy your own world.

Tom
Hello Tom, Will do. Many Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement. I picked up the guitar a few times since I was a kid, though never with the same level of commitment and motivation that I'm enjoying now. As such, I have started over after a long respite. I Agree, this is a blast and a challenge that I look forward to daily. I wish i had this determination earlier, but obviously can't do anything about that. I am most interested now in learning all i can to play the blues, and basically, improving my timing w/cord transitions, rhythm, leads, ear development, finding my way into a song, playing with others and growing on this endless journey... you name it, following the BGU program.
Thanks again to you and all on this forum for the nice welcome! Mike