New Member, Lafayette, IN.

JonMiller216

Working on the "R" of R&B...
HI everyone, I'm Jon from Lafayette, IN. I've been doing BGU for about 8 months now, patiently working my way through things. I've owned guitars for many years, but somehow they never learned to play. Since I retired in August I've been making progress. I signed up for "Blues Guitar Unleashed Live" and I'm already scared to death. But, I'm looking forward to coming and trying to break out of my shell of always playing and practicing alone and wishing I wasn't. It's seems like a big step, but hopefully it will lead to more of the same in the future.

So, greetings to all of you and looking forward to making new friends. See some of you in June, I'll be the guy looking like a deer in the headlights.

Cheers!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Welcome to the fun, Jon! My first (and thus far only) BGU jam was in Glens Falls in NY, in 2019 (the last one before the pandemic shut everything down). I can't make the TX one in June but I'll be going to the regional jam in Grand Rapids, MI the end of September.

I predict you are going to have the time of your life, and you'll come away already looking forward to the next one! :Beer:

JonMiller216

Thanks Mark. I'd be interested to hear about the regional jam in Grand Rapids too. I'll poke around the forum and see what I can find out.

Appreciate the welcome!

Randy

Blues Newbie
HI everyone, I'm Jon from Lafayette, IN. I've been doing BGU for about 8 months now, patiently working my way through things. I've owned guitars for many years, but somehow they never learned to play. Since I retired in August I've been making progress. I signed up for "Blues Guitar Unleashed Live" and I'm already scared to death. But, I'm looking forward to coming and trying to break out of my shell of always playing and practicing alone and wishing I wasn't. It's seems like a big step, but hopefully it will lead to more of the same in the future.

So, greetings to all of you and looking forward to making new friends. See some of you in June, I'll be the guy looking like a deer in the headlights.

Cheers!
Hey Jon, I’m Randy from Indianapolis. I signed up for it too. Maybe we could connect a little on zoom or even in person before we go to Texas. I haven’t played in front of a group either.

Hope to talk soon.

JonMiller216

Hey Jon, I’m Randy from Indianapolis. I signed up for it too. Maybe we could connect a little on zoom or even in person before we go to Texas. I haven’t played in front of a group either.

Hope to talk soon.
Hi Randy, nice to meet you. Sure, it'd be nice to connect. We can take this off-forum via email if you'd like. Reach out at jonm59 at gmail dot com. I get down to Indy frequently too.