New Course Sighting?

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
I was just looking through the online courses, and I spotted “Playing Through the Blues”, didn’t recall the title. More curiously... the link leads to a 404 Error message, further potential evidence?

What do you all think?

LoriB

Blues Newbie
It would be fun to see that original course if he decides to post it. Even just the old pdf would be cool.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Yes, Playing Through The Blues was the original name for BGU (way back in 2006.)

But I didn't film PTTB in such a way that it could be put onto DVDs, so I had to re-record it all to put it on DVD in 2008, and I changed the name.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
My apologies on the lack of notification on this one... I was getting it finished up just as I discovered someone had hacked, not into my web server, but my Hosting account!

From there, they impersonated me, and got the passwords all reset server-wide. I was able to get that reversed yesterday and get back in, but all the backups had been blown away and they had turned off the backup services.

Even now, I can't actually get into my web server because HostGator has it on lockdown until I have proven to their satisfaction that I am, in fact the person who pays the bill for it. I've submitted all documentation and am waiting on a response.

I told them that's fine as long as they handle the jerk who's sending out a phishing scam from one of the domains... it's gonna be a long day still (and yesterday was a bust as well.) After all, it's their fault that someone was able to impersonate me, change the contact email in the Hosting account, and then get the passwords all reset. That person could not possibly have known my PIN code, even if they were able to get into the account with a password.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
What a nightmare! And to what benefit did the hacker make from doing that. They just created some anxiety and trouble for a good guy! Good luck with getting things fixed and back to normal.

On another note did someone say there is a new course...?

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
What a nightmare! And to what benefit did the hacker make from doing that. They just created some anxiety and trouble for a good guy! Good luck with getting things fixed and back to normal.

On another note did someone say there is a new course...?
Kinda. Version 2.0 of SWS
It's like a Cinderella story out of nowhere