New band! The Basement Blues Project

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I was in two bands:
Playing guitar in West of The Blues, but the main guy retired and moved to Arizona at the start of COVID and rebuilt West of The Blues there. A bit of a commute I'm afraid.
I also switched from guitar to bass in The Blues Kings many years ago when our bass player got terminally ill. The Blues Kings have been struggling for a while, I'm the only remaining founding member and several of our players left during COVID, the jury is still out on whether we'll still pull through, but I'm back on guitar!

But this post is about a new project: since I was frustrated not having anyone to play with in the fall, I answered a Craig's list add for a starting band of 50-somethings looking for a bass player and wanting to play blues and classic rock-ish music without taking themselves too seriously but with the intent to play out once the band found its stride.
We went through a couple of guitar players, tried to add keys, but settled on the current format of drums, bass, CBG and guitar and The Basement Blues Project was born (I used the name as a joke once and it stuck). We've played a block party, a graduation party and a farmers market gig, with another 5 engaments over the summer so far. Back on bass but having a blast. The lead guy has only been playing CBG (Ciguar Box Guitar) for a couple of years, but the guitar player was a music major (now working in IT :) ) and the drummer has played with bands on and off over the years, that makes for a nice mix experience and inexperience (like having to explain what a 12 bar blues really is, not just any song in I-IV-V) but the sound and the personalities are meshing really well.

1655502331390.png

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
https://m.facebook.com/100961702336220/

We're still working on our digital media presence :) Current you-tube videos are from the block party, our first gig and we had issues with balancing the sound system, we've gotten better both with the equipment and the songs since then.

We don't even have a logo yet, but we need one, I want to print stickers to give to little kids that bring us tips at the farmers market to make other little kids want to bring us a tip so they get a sticker too <evil grin>

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
I love the name as well as the mindset and I think both will lead to success!

Good stuff!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I was in two bands:
Playing guitar in West of The Blues, but the main guy retired and moved to Arizona at the start of COVID and rebuilt West of The Blues there. A bit of a commute I'm afraid.
I also switched from guitar to bass in The Blues Kings many years ago when our bass player got terminally ill. The Blues Kings have been struggling for a while, I'm the only remaining founding member and several of our players left during COVID, the jury is still out on whether we'll still pull through, but I'm back on guitar!

But this post is about a new project: since I was frustrated not having anyone to play with in the fall, I answered a Craig's list add for a starting band of 50-somethings looking for a bass player and wanting to play blues and classic rock-ish music without taking themselves too seriously but with the intent to play out once the band found its stride.
We went through a couple of guitar players, tried to add keys, but settled on the current format of drums, bass, CBG and guitar and The Basement Blues Project was born (I used the name as a joke once and it stuck). We've played a block party, a graduation party and a farmers market gig, with another 5 engaments over the summer so far. Back on bass but having a blast. The lead guy has only been playing CBG (Ciguar Box Guitar) for a couple of years, but the guitar player was a music major (now working in IT :) ) and the drummer has played with bands on and off over the years, that makes for a nice mix experience and inexperience (like having to explain what a 12 bar blues really is, not just any song in I-IV-V) but the sound and the personalities are meshing really well.

View attachment 16654

That's really great to hear.
I'm sure you will have a really fun summer.