New band, new gigs...

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I was in 2 bands pre-covid. I played guitar in one and the band leader lost his business, de ide to sell everything and retire in Arizona, so there went that band.
I played bass in the other one, but we have haven't played out on 2 years due to COVID and have been struggling to gel again. One of the guitar players quit so I'm back on guitar. Time will tell if we can rekindle the magic.

Since I wasn't playing in the fall, I answered a Craig's List add for a new band forming and looking for a bass player. I checked them out and we've been clicking and finding our style. I don't know that we're great, but we've been enjoying ourselves.

Our first gig is tomorrow. Neighbourhood Easter Egg Hunt party and Easter Beer Hunt party. It should be fun as long as the weather holds. We're doing 3 sets over the course of the afternoon. I'll see if I can get some decent video or audio.

Edit: the new band is called The Basement Blues Project :)

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Nice man wish I could do some jamming with you!!

It is so exciting to find a set of people and have it start clicking.

Dont forget though cost of living in Cleveland is pretty good and my band get dibs on your for bass and guitar if you relocate?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Glad to hear that you are back out doing it.
Looking forward to the recordings!
Break a leg.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Another update: The Blues Kings, the band I was playing guitar in is no more. We lost steam over the pandemic and couldn't recover, lost a few members and I finally called it quit :(

Looking for more opportunities to play guitar like in jams, but not quite ready to join another band.

The Basement Blues Project where I play bass has been very successful. We've been gigging once or twice a month (twice last weekend) and recently added a harp player.

The videos are not the best but it gives you an idea: