Need some help

TerryStutzman

Blues Newbie
I’m new to BGU and have never learned the “Box” layout. Where do you find it on here?
I’ve searched and searched. Played for years but want to learn more.
Thanks in advance

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
In BGU 2.0, see Lesson 15 for Box 1, Lesson 19 for Box 2, Lesson 27 for 3-5.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
ohhhhhhhhhh, we are in my struggle area. I tried to learn the boxes, many many many times, always failed. @Griff has a Penatonic and Scales Mastery course on here somewhere, it's an awesome course.

It is less music and more practice hand memorization. These days I use the drills as a warm up , but it is probably the course I have used more than any

david moon

Attempting the Blues
The boxes are based on chord shapes, the Box1 is based on Em7 but is movable all over the neck with the root on the 6th string.

The box contains the root, flat3, 4, 5, flat7 of the scale (I'm leaving out the Blue Note)
You need to be able to find these intervals relative to the root on the fretboard regardless of actual note names.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I’m new to BGU and have never learned the “Box” layout. Where do you find it on here?
I’ve searched and searched. Played for years but want to learn more.
Thanks in advance
Also there are other ways to memorize and play the pentatonic and blues scales. Things like my 2+3 Pattern or 3+2 Pattern are also good tools. You can find those on my blog with a google search easily, I'm sure. But let me know if you cannot.

TerryStutzman

Blues Newbie
Also there are other ways to memorize and play the pentatonic and blues scales. Things like my 2+3 Pattern or 3+2 Pattern are also good tools. You can find those on my blog with a google search easily, I'm sure. But let me know if you cannot.
Thank you… need all the help I can get…old dog…new tricks

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I'm getting email updates on this thread, I don't know why. I must have clicked something inadvertently

TerryStutzman

Blues Newbie
Thank you… need all the help I can get…old dog…new tricks
Griff…I know.you have no idea where I am regarding playing. I have serious confusion when I look at a fretboard note layout. For some reason chord make up doesn’t register with me. I know a lot of chords and Barr chords but am having troubles toeing it all together. Notes to chords.
Any suggestions?

TerryStutzman

Blues Newbie
In BGU 2.0, see Lesson 15 for Box 1, Lesson 19 for Box 2, Lesson 27 for 3-5.
Maybe I’m really dense. I am unable to find any of these lessons. Are they in the forum or are they under courses? I’ve looked and looked.
I guess I don’t understand how to find things.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Blues Guitar Unleashed 2.0 is listed in your “My Courses” list if you own it.

The lessons mentioned are in that course.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
If you’re not seeing other courses you’ve purchased try Logging out and logging back in.

Last edited: