Need some help Lesson -5

Tony Ludwig

Blues Junior
BGU-ers,
need some constructive criticism here....I am working on Lesson 11-5....

https://youtu.be/dxvpymyNLUM

Wanted to do this without backing track to hear all the "bad stuff", want to stand on merit.
I am taking Griff's advice to attack the strings...I know I made some mistakes but I am hoping that viewing the recording someone might be able to pick up or see a correction - thanks in advance -
Tony

BGU-ers,
need some constructive criticism here....I am working on Lesson 11-5....

https://youtu.be/dxvpymyNLUM

Wanted to do this without backing track to hear all the "bad stuff", want to stand on merit.
I am taking Griff's advice to attack the strings...I know I made some mistakes but I am hoping that viewing the recording someone might be able to pick up or see a correction - thanks in advance -
Tony
Hello Tony. You have the basics of that Texas swing rhythm down. The more you play it the smoother your transitions from one chord to another will be. Playing it along with the backing track will help you build muscle and ear memory together. It will start to feel musical to you with more repetition and no recording camera to make you nervous.

With some softwares you can reduce tempo without changing pitch. Might make it easier to play. Personally i think this particular rhythm is harder to play if slowed too much.

We are all our own worst critic, it sounds like you are well on your way with this one, congrats on making it all the way to BGU lesson 14 !

Tony Ludwig

Blues Junior
Hello Tony. You have the basics of that Texas swing rhythm down. The more you play it the smoother your transitions from one chord to another will be. Playing it along with the backing track will help you build muscle and ear memory together. It will start to feel musical to you with more repetition and no recording camera to make you nervous.

With some softwares you can reduce tempo without changing pitch. Might make it easier to play. Personally i think this particular rhythm is harder to play if slowed too much.

We are all our own worst critic, it sounds like you are well on your way with this one, congrats on making it all the way to BGU lesson 14 !