Amps NAD: Quilter Aviator Cub Amp

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Those Cubs are pretty nice. I sold my MicroPro Mach 2 and replaced it with a Tone Block 202, but mainly because I wanted its FRFR input option to use with a modeller, while still giving me normal guitar amp flexibility. Got my first Quilter amp in 2015 (the 101 Mini Amp Head) and have loved them ever since. Great combination of clean sound, light weight and power!
Cool! I have a pair of the Headrush FRFR 108 speakers and a related Gigboard but I still haven't really grokked the fullness of how to leverage all that stuff. I expect if I knew what I was doing I could get one of their Toneblocks and really put together a killer board-based rig. Maybe some day. I love the sound of my Mach 2 on the voicing and boost settings I default to, and this Cub sounds just as great and with less fuss.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Has anyone past or present used a Marshall ValveState 2000? More specifically the AVT50 combo. I have had this one since 2004ish, no later than 2005. It has a clean channel and a dirty channel. On the dirty side, it adds Mids and Reverb. Plus headphone out and DVD in. On the rear it has FX send and retutn, foot pedal jack and Emulated DI out.

I get about the same results out of this as a physical amp as the MCM800 plugin from Ampire in Studio One. It is 50 watts and in my small room I can not turn vol much past 9 o'clock and gain close to the same. The controls do not have numbers, so I just go from full off to a comfortable level, both for my ears and slightly dirty on that channel.

It has been dependable and for the most part trouble free. Last fall I had a few capacitors replaced and multiple solder joints re-done. One cooling fan replacement. That is a fairly decent track record I would say.

If you have one or the higher output AVT100 combo or head/cab let me know your mileage.