Miscellaneous NAD.... No, not an amp

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks. First time playing that accordion. It needs some repairs. The bass side has an air leak that has to be fixed. It's also slightly out of tune, but I'm not touching that. It has a quirky tone I really like.
Yes I like it to.

I think I mentioned once before:
My parents bought an accordion and lessons for my older brother (they never had much faith in me), after he quite, they kept it under my bed.
I was so afraid they would force me to take lessons because they spent so much money on that thing.

I still remember that musty smell when I'd open the case.

Looking back, I wish I would have learned it!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Yes I like it to.

I think I mentioned once before:
My parents bought an accordion and lessons for my older brother (they never had much faith in me), after he quite, they kept it under my bed.
I was so afraid they would force me to take lessons because they spent so much money on that thing.
Looking back, I wish I would have learned it!

That's how I got started. My first accordion was my older brother's. He was 7 years older than me, so he gave up on it when I couldn't even lift it. I kept dragging it out of the closet and annoying the crap out of my parents, so they finally put me in lessons. I enjoyed it a lot, but when the opportunity came up for me to take guitar lessons, I jumped ship. My wife just came in my music room a few minutes ago and suggested I need to get the "big boy" out. She quickly qualified that as meaning my full sized accordion.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
It's New Accordion Day!
Well, not really, but Chris Hurst (@obsidianskies) gave me this accordion several years ago and it has been in the case since then, because it only had one back strap. I just ordered and received a new set, so I wanted to try it out. I couldn't find new Fuzzy Pink Straps, but I'm working on it.
NAD-straps.jpg

I'm practicing for my new job as a social distancing enforcer.
<Video--> https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/video/SocialDistanceAccordion.mp4
"There is a Tavern in the Town"....but you can't go there anymore...

It looks pretty green down there. In CT we are still having 30 degree nights

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
It looks pretty green down there. In CT we are still having 30 degree nights
It is. We hit 82 degrees today and it's supposed to be warmer before the end of the week. I'm very glad I got my garden started three weeks earlier this year than last.