My return to the local open mic scene

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
It's been over two years since Covid caused the local open mic scene to dry up and I stopped playing out. That scene has slowly been regaining steam but I've been hesitant to jump back in. Recently the venue I was playing weekly resumed their own open mics and I decided that was a sign to get off my fundament and get back out there.

My first foray was this past Sunday afternoon, and I think it went well. I was the first act up after the organizer had his set, and people were slow to filter in so I not only played extra songs for my first set, I did a second mini-set later on to fill in for an act who was late arriving.

The organizer took this cell phone video of one of my songs. Apologies for the background chatter, you just can't get away from that at open mics (at least not at brew pubs) and he didn't have any dedicated recording gear.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q88jlaxvvm0kqvc/im_sorry_10july2022.mov?dl=0

With the new PRS I plan to start working some solo blues tunes into my future sets. I can now switch between acoustic and electric tones with the flick of a wrist. :Beer: