My questions did not get displayed during the webinar.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Griff,

My questions did not get displayed during the webinar. My log-in greeting did at the beginning but then no other questions or comments got displayed.

Here was my question:
In the BSBB course I am working on vibrato especially at the end of the phrase. I am working on applying vibrato by pushing upward applied diagonally on the string and upward. I have seen many people playing vibrato this way (including you and other more advanced players) although I have never really done this. The most comfortable way for me to apply vibrato is applied more from above and over the string and pulling into the 1st string (Albert King style?). Are there advantages to pushing up vs pulling down? I am noticing in these BSBB phrases that when I push up it is generally when I am bending the string a full step and then upward vibrato is applied. So it makes sense and it may help me bend up to the correct pitch more consistently? I kinda think that I need both tools in the bag of tricks as we don't always bend a string up a tone and then need vibrato. Sometimes we just need vibrato at the note we play - this is most readily apparent with the index finger.

Also, For some strange reason there are a lot of "Paul" registered. I was gong to at lease put my last name initial so you and other would know which one I am but I was automatically registered from the last webinar.......

Jerry_G

Blues Newbie
I was unable to see Griff's video during yesterday's webinar. I did see people's comments though. Not sure if I did anything incorrectly or what. I am watching yesterday's Technique Tuesday video this morning. I'll try again next time. This all-access pass is a winner!