http://www.4shared.com/audio/8jy4kTsf/SD6th10.html

My learner's version of Straight Down 6th Ave. @ the lesson bpm of 54
2008 Greg Bennett Fastback
Neck and Bridge Pups
All volumes @ 8

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Beautiful clean & clear chords Russ! You are really improving nicely.

Russ

Blues Newbie
Thanks guys. I wasn't real concerned about the slide sounds because of the speed of the piece, not to mention only doing barre chords for a month and a half. And when you're in a band setting, it won't be easy to hear anyway. Besides, most of the slide noise will be gone by the time I have the guts to join a jam session.  :) That D minor still kicks me around. That is 1 tight chord, but I'm coming along.
Thanks again.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
That was a tricky one Russ, you've got those changes covered. Well Done.   :cool:

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Thanks guys. I wasn't real concerned about the slide sounds because of the speed of the piece, not to mention only doing barre chords for a month and a half. And when you're in a band setting, it won't be easy to hear anyway. Besides, most of the slide noise will be gone by the time I have the guts to join a jam session.  :) That D minor still kicks me around. That is 1 tight chord, but I'm coming along.
Thanks again.

Nicely done Russ... once again, a little more practice will make this much smoother... But you've earned yourself a beer, I reckon!

[smiley=beer.gif]

BTW, don't worry too much about getting rid of the 'slide' sounds... some guitarists struggle for months to be able to slide barre chords up and down the neck like that!

:)