My impossible dream...

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
Hey Sunny,
  Wonderful video  :) ... Your a STEELY-EYED Blues playin' kinda' Gal !!! ...  ;) ... that was great ... your gonna have Mary's Little Lamb cookin' on the grill in no time   :) ...
  I , and I am sure all the rest of us here if we are honest about it , regardless of experience , hit those darn walls every few steps ... there are so many things to learn and conquer when attempting to play Blues guitar, especially for beginners like me who have never played ANYTHING till now, and folks like yourself that have some experience with playin' chords and other types of songs ... equipment, equipment adjustment , music theory, licks and riffs, timing, and on and on ...
  Learning this stuff is NOT for people who don't want to be bothered with a difficult challenge ... anyone who begins BBG or BGU and completes either one ( in my case BBG ) is a true student of the Blues !!! ... For myself I can truthfully tell you : "This is a very difficult but rewarding task" ... I hope I can put it together, bring it home, and be able to think of myself as "one who enjoys and can actually play  THE BLUES ... that's my goal ...
  I thoroughly enjoyed your video and salute your willingness to share your accomplishments with all of us here on the best forum in the Universe ...
  Please !!! Keep 'em coming !!!  :cool:

G

godlistrom

Patrique practice, practice and remain convinced that you will succeed. That will come in to keep this state of mind.

M

Micheal

Sunnyone, never give up  When you quit you loose.  It sounded good to these old ears [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

SunnyOne

Blues Newbie
it's coming along...i think it is in the slow cooker. i have to admit i have not been practicing all week. was in a funk. looking up now though, thanks for the support you guys! :D

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Hey Sunny, why don't you post some of the other stuff for us? You went from the simple strumming all the way to the hardest song in the book! What about full out blues or sitting easy blues or hideaway blues? I like your videos!!  ;)

RALKITE

Blues Newbie
Hey Sunnyone, I'm nearly up to your level on Mary's little possum.
this morning had a few minutes before heading to work and picked up and without specs, so strings are a fuzzy mess.

anyway I had a minor breakthrough and the first 3 measures just rolled out, and I just got that 2nd measure rolling over and over. I'm going to just work on that then add the next measure, and build back up to the last bits that get me every time(the bit before the G7).

anyway like the others said, I really wanted you to finish that take.

bob

Blues Newbie
sunny
you crack me up i love your honesty it will come sooner then ya think i liked the story at the start and then bang you did as you promised and just turn it off

keep cranking at it enjoy your posts
bob :cool:

SunnyOne

Blues Newbie
thanks Spence, but I think I've given up on posting videos.

just stresses me the heck out! maybe one day waay in the
future on a far away galaxy...oops...maybe one day when I feel more confident. i'll just keep plugging away over here, not silent, just not posting for a while.

Tim

Blues Newbie
The only thing wrong is how you talk to yourself. You say "I can't do it I practiced and I just can't do it".

Change what you say to yourself. Tell yourself you are getting better. This is challenging and I am making progress.

If you keep talking to yourself this way I will not support your efforts. You will be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Cut it out!! I am not being mean. I am being a friend.

If you want to get better at anything you have to talk to yourself differently.

The most successful athletes, musicians, business owners,people  know this and apply it with great success. I suggest you do the same.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Yeah - who needs an abusive voice in their head anyway??  :eek:
(i make it a point to ignore mine! and when i forget to, i always regret it, but quickly get over it and let it go!)

Tim

Blues Newbie
The title of the thread is "My impossible dream".

Do you understand what I am saying to you?

M

MandyC

I'm sorry you still find this one a pain. I listened to Spencer's recordings and SRVs Mary's lamb and they had so much energy that I thought I'd go for the feel of it first and then sort out the notes out later!
Recording is tough, I still get tense and I'm just recording into an impersonal laptop with a USB cable. People can see you on Youtube (aaaahhhhh!!!)
Recording helps me because it makes me determined to get things right but if it stresses you out then I wouldn't worry.
I don't think there's a rule to say that this section is JUST for posting recordings. We could perhaps post lesson specific questions and progress reports too.
Now you have Cherry, you could try recording into Audacity. You can buy amp to USB cables for about £20($30?) and Audacity is a free download. Maybe that would be better than Youtube
BTW though, your post of the brown eyed squirrel really helped me see the chord changes :)

SunnyOne

Blues Newbie
hey you guys, thanks for the tough love.
i'm playing, and the lamb is going great. i play it fast with more of a country beat. just not posting for a while bec. again, whether it's audacity or youtube, i get nervous and get the fumbles.
soooo please don't think i have given up. i haven't given up. when i posted that, i was very frustrated and was sharing that with you all.
the lamb has been beaten, braised and eaten! (what a vision!)
Thanks for the support though. Hugs ya!

kgarkie

Been living the blues.
Sunny, LP's got some great suggestions for you.  I think you have the "record button blues."  That and you beat up on yourself too much on this one.  (I'm very good at that myself).  You're telling yourself "I can't do this and your fingers are responding to your commands.  Relax, take a break, play something else and come back to it--without recording and you'll do fine.