My dog don't bark

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Dave, Dave Dave,
That's fantastic! (y)

Your recording studies are paying off big time!
Everything sounds nice and clear.

I'll have to come back later and add more positive feedback after a second listen.

Loved it:)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Capn; Your welcome back anytime---just don't bring no "Doggie Treats"-:) --- But he might like a little of that "CAPTAIN MOTOS TOP SHELF MOJO DOGGIE TREATS" They are allowed and welcomed..;).;)

Last edited:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Great job with this. Cool song... Is it a Reaper or a Zoom recording... sounds good either way! Well done.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Man this is so your style of song!!!!! Great job on that Dave.(y)(y) Great recording, great singing and playing.

I think I'll watch my dog a bit closer in future.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Made me smile. Well done.:)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Great job with this. Cool song... Is it a Reaper or a Zoom recording... sounds good either way! Well done.
It was out of the ZOOM---I havn't read up enough on Reaper to deal with it yet---I didn't write the song it is a Dr. John-- (New Orleans blues man) song.
I was looking up some words for another song a few weeks ago and this kept popping up on my screen so I gave it a listen and that was that. Like Many Moons said "Man this is your style". Thanks to both of you for your likes. Later

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I'm back,
I like the production
Tell us about the recording process please.........are you playing all parts?
In any case, it all sounds great.
Mixed well and I like the pauses for the chorus parts....very good.
Vocals fit very well with the lyrics and the fade out on the tail end is nice.

I could go on but, now your tune ended and I'm listening to "I Ain't Got You" by @Many Moons and I need to save some praise for him:sneaky:

This little group down here is really producing some great work.

Good Zooming Dave:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
If I had any "Top Shelf" dogie treats I'd giv'm to you gladly.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Capn: The only thing I am playing on it is the Guitar #1 rythem which I should have mixed better, some places it is not loud enough and others a little to loud ---guitar #2 is a touch to loud.--- #1 was played straight into the ZOOM clean--on #2 I used my Music Mans Line-out and a little distortion and reverb. For the drums and bass I used my Kawai GB-2--I found a drum and bass beat that I felt was pretty matched what I had going on in my head---Finding a drum track is the hardest part--- and to find a drum pattern AND bass on the same track is pretty much a 1 in 100 long shot.. I went through 40 drum patterns to find this one---and fortunately the bass pattern that came with it matched perfect---then all I had to do was program the chords for the bass to play---(A-G-F-E) then loop it. The Kawai has a start/stop pedal-when you stop it (pause) and you hit it again, it and it will start back to the beginning. The vocals were straight into the ZOOM clean..Now I am going to take what I got there and use it for for a guinea pig to learn the ZOOM.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Rg Thanks--I heard it too--I don't know if it is the vocals, I kind of think it is that one guitar is to loud-I should have turned it down a notch and a half. it kind of over rides things-- Later

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Man you are getting there. Another hit in my opinion. Keep up the good work. The bar is getting higher down here.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
The bar is getting higher down here.
Had to do something to TRY and keep up with everybody down here posting good stuff. Hope you aren't to close to the fires down there from what I see on the news that is some serious business going on.

Steve I thought of you several times while I was working on it. I will be sure and bring a couple bags of doggie treats if I get over there again.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I thought I had commented on this, but apparently I just clicked Like.
This is great! I agree with Many Moons, this is just your style!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Thanks to both of you. It is starting to look like I got to change my style, but it is pretty hard to come up with songs of that nature, I got to dig deep to find one, that's the hard part.