My Blues in E

Russ

Blues Newbie
http://www.4shared.com/audio/RTqIse69/BLZnE7Fnl.html

I've actually taken longer than I thought I should on this lesson because I've been playing it in 2nd position (using my index and ring fingers instead of middle and pinky). I had a hard time getting my hand to realize I wanted it to go from 2nd position during the song, to 1st position E7 chord at the end. I tried to retrain my hand to do 1st position and it just wouldn't cooperate. I'll have to work on that, I suppose. I know I need to.

I tried to lower the volume a little, as the last post I made was a bit loud. Let me know.

Thanks

PS Happy new year.

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Happy New Year Russ :)

Good job there, you have everything at your fingers and it was nice & clean. I know what you mean about getting that chord at the end as I play it in second position as well. I think that will just come right with repetition.

Recorded volume was absolutely spot on for me, no clipping & I didn't adjust my volume up or down to enjoy it just as it is :)

I've actually taken longer than I thought I should on this lesson because I've been playing it in 2nd position (using my index and ring fingers instead of middle and pinky).

Nice steady rhythm there Russ.  When I was first taught this my uncle "insisted" (and he hardly ever insisted) that I play it using my pinky because as he pointed out.  You have to in order to play some chords.  So you may as well learn it right the first time.   ;)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Nice job Russ. I can really hear the improvement in your playing.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Yeah - you're moving forward Russ!

I'd suggest you learn to play it well in both positions.

There are some advantages to both that work for different type of material.

Second position is great for playing some Muddy licks  :cool: