My attempt at Sitting Easy Blues

Tom45

Blues Newbie
This one is a little better than the acoustic version you posted yesterday. It was a little difficult for me also, when I first learned it about 8 months ago. Trying to play something to the beat of a metronome was new to me and it took me a while to get the hang of it. Now I love playing this at 60 bpm and I still try to play it once or twice a week just for fun. These lessons with the metronome are helpful as I have seen an improvement with my timing. I'm now learning "Little Mary's Lamb" and it's quite a challenge, but fun to play. Keep at it and you'll get better!

RussellC

Blues Newbie
Thanks for the encouragement Tom. For me metronome is hard to get used to, but it is getting easier. I will keep working at it and look forward to getting better. At least I learning something that is fun to play. The blues licks are cool!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
There are lots of hesitations in there. Play..it with a metronome or a drum machine. Try to get the "shuffle" feel, 1 & a 2 & a.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Russell- I see your are pretty new to the forum. And you put your recording out there- good for you. My response is honest , not negative

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Well done Russell it's great to hear progress being made, when you're new to guitar everything is daunting, however, you're making good progress with BBG and soon you'll be playing BBG pieces as favourites whilst taking a break with the trickier stuff yet to come (BGU), but hey, you're on your way. (y)

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Hey, takes a ton of guts to record and post for feedback.................I think the reason this one is difficult is as @david moon was saying, playing to the metronome.

You want to play faster, and just the sound of it makes you want to play it in a rhythm you hear in your head. When I go back and practice this one for review, I have a serious hard time playing it straight by the rules,to me, it just sounds like it wants to be more swingy